Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sheffield or an offer for Access to Leeds? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've received conditional offers for both sheffield and leeds uni, but really cant decide which to firm. My offer for Sheffield is ABB and BBB for Leeds, since I got an Access to Leeds offer which allows me a lower grade offer as long as I firm Leeds (the typical Leeds offer is AAB)

I do prefer Sheffield but I feel as though I'd be throwing away a great offer if I don't firm Leeds and there's nowhere I'd want to go aside from these two places so there'd be nothing to put as insurance if I firmed Sheffield.

Sorry for the long post but I'm so torn rn- does anyone have any opinions on which uni is better? (My course is Japanese, but I know I like both these courses so that's not a main focus)

ReputationRep:
    hmm that those sound difficult. Now I would ask myself what I like about the Universities individually such as city life, opportunities, societies, nightlife, student atmosphere etc maybe watching youtube videos about the unis and course could give you a better insight! I feel as though when your looking up accommodation for example you will feel more drawn towards one uni more than the other and I think you will know then that's your firm If you already prefer Sheffield then look at Leeds a bit more to see if what you like at Sheffield could also be there at lees or what you personally think at Leeds might be the reason your wavering. and yes the a2l offer is helpful but that doesn't mean you have to go there!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi.a)
    hmm that those sound difficult. Now I would ask myself what I like about the Universities individually such as city life, opportunities, societies, nightlife, student atmosphere etc maybe watching youtube videos about the unis and course could give you a better insight! I feel as though when your looking up accommodation for example you will feel more drawn towards one uni more than the other and I think you will know then that's your firm If you already prefer Sheffield then look at Leeds a bit more to see if what you like at Sheffield could also be there at lees or what you personally think at Leeds might be the reason your wavering. and yes the a2l offer is helpful but that doesn't mean you have to go there!

Good luck!
    Will do! Thanks for the advice It's really just a matter of weighing up pros and cons at this point lol

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your access to Leeds offer and Sheffield offer! I’m also trying to decide between Sheffield and Leeds- I’ve also got the access to Leeds offer as well but I also got a reduced offer from Sheffield so a bit hard to decide where to go. I’ve heard Sheffield is quite lenient on grades so if you get less they might accept you don’t take my word for it though. A lot of people I know are going to Sheffield as well for Japanese. My advice would be go for what you feel is best and where you see yourself living for the next 3/4 years!
    Also we have an East Asian Studies group chat on Facebook and there are some I know going to Sheffield! Message me if you’re interested!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljcrisp)
    Congratulations on your access to Leeds offer and Sheffield offer! I’m also trying to decide between Sheffield and Leeds- I’ve also got the access to Leeds offer as well but I also got a reduced offer from Sheffield so a bit hard to decide where to go. I’ve heard Sheffield is quite lenient on grades so if you get less they might accept you don’t take my word for it though. A lot of people I know are going to Sheffield as well for Japanese. My advice would be go for what you feel is best and where you see yourself living for the next 3/4 years!
    Also we have an East Asian Studies group chat on Facebook and there are some I know going to Sheffield! Message me if you’re interested!
    Hey! Sorry for the really late response- I hadn't checked on here for a while lol. It's nice to know someone else is in the same situation as me The group chat sounds fun- would it be alright if I got a link to join? And thank you for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bamb00)
    Hey! Sorry for the really late response- I hadn't checked on here for a while lol. It's nice to know someone else is in the same situation as me The group chat sounds fun- would it be alright if I got a link to join? And thank you for the advice
    Same here!! I’ve sent you a message about it!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.