Turn on thread page Beta

uncontrollable fantasy drives my crazy, please help!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for reading my post and I will make it short. (btw English is not my first language so, please forgive me for some confusions of expression)

A little bit of my background, currently a third-year Economics student at Manchester, en route to a 1st class degree and have already got an offer from my dream graduate school. Do not need to worry too much about finance (financially fluent family+ part time job at Uni). Got a bunch of cool friends, regular exercise etc. I am NOT trying to show off, but you might think I must live a good life, but NOT!!!

My problem is from a weird and uncontrollable fantasy in my mind which almost ruins my life, I had it since several years ago but it becomes very severe now. That is, I keep dreaming that I am a husband, having a charming wife and 2 kids. So that I can hold my wife in my arms in bed with glass of champagne after coming back from work and tell her all the things I have gone through and tell her how much I love her and our family, also having a date with her in a cosy nice restaurant and travelling all around the world with her, all those romances,(even having wonderful sex) etc" I have no idea why I have got this fantasy since I don't even have a girlfriend yet.

I just realised recently that I have spent so much time and energy on this uncontrollable fantasy of being a husband. Coming back to reality, the fantasy almost ruins my study and social life as I fell so frustrated and don't have any motivations to carry on doing my daily life. I am so worried about my study and well-being as I know I have to get myself out of it. I worked really hard in the past 2 and half years and don't want to waste it. You might find it funny and laughable, I agree with you but this is the situation I am now going through and I don't know how to get back to normal. Please give me some advice or anything might help. Greatly appreciated..

ReputationRep:
    I would say that was a fairly normal fantasy to most people. I am not exactly certain on what advise you want? perhaps how not to fixate on your desires so much ? I am not sure but I guess that if you want to achieve your fantasy you`ll firstly need to complete your degree and get a reasonably paid job, so thinking of that will hopefully keep you on course. It's healthey to have something to work towards even if it's a longtime getting there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roger1996)
    Thank you for reading my post and I will make it short. (btw English is not my first language so, please forgive me for some confusions of expression)

A little bit of my background, currently a third-year Economics student at Manchester, en route to a 1st class degree and have already got an offer from my dream graduate school. Do not need to worry too much about finance (financially fluent family+ part time job at Uni). Got a bunch of cool friends, regular exercise etc. I am NOT trying to show off, but you might think I must live a good life, but NOT!!!

My problem is from a weird and uncontrollable fantasy in my mind which almost ruins my life, I had it since several years ago but it becomes very severe now. That is, I keep dreaming that I am a husband, having a charming wife and 2 kids. So that I can hold my wife in my arms in bed with glass of champagne after coming back from work and tell her all the things I have gone through and tell her how much I love her and our family, also having a date with her in a cosy nice restaurant and travelling all around the world with her, all those romances,(even having wonderful sex) etc" I have no idea why I have got this fantasy since I don't even have a girlfriend yet.

I just realised recently that I have spent so much time and energy on this uncontrollable fantasy of being a husband. Coming back to reality, the fantasy almost ruins my study and social life as I fell so frustrated and don't have any motivations to carry on doing my daily life. I am so worried about my study and well-being as I know I have to get myself out of it. I worked really hard in the past 2 and half years and don't want to waste it. You might find it funny and laughable, I agree with you but this is the situation I am now going through and I don't know how to get back to normal. Please give me some advice or anything might help. Greatly appreciated..
    you could meditate or do yoga, it helps you gain control of your mind so that you can consentrate. Or you could play music while studying.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Stop taking meth?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.