Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I had a bit of a crap year last year and had to delay some of my exams, some of which I didn't pass. It's a bit of a sore point for me as I was on to a 1st or at least a 2:1.

Basically, I am taking 2 exams capped at 40% and one which isn't capped and its my first attempt, I am trying to work out degree classification but I am struggling.

My second year was worth 25% in which I got 64.56% (180 credits) and up to now for my final year 75% I have got 42.17% (60 credits).

Considering that I can only get 40% out of the 2/3 exams, what would I need to achieve from the 3rd exam (out of 100%) to at least try and achieve a 2:2 as my final degree classification.

Thanks for any help thank anybody can give me, I am really desperate here to try and claw back anything I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PettyPrincess)
    Hi everyone,

I had a bit of a crap year last year and had to delay some of my exams, some of which I didn't pass. It's a bit of a sore point for me as I was on to a 1st or at least a 2:1.

Basically, I am taking 2 exams capped at 40% and one which isn't capped and its my first attempt, I am trying to work out degree classification but I am struggling.

My second year was worth 25% in which I got 64.56% (180 credits) and up to now for my final year 75% I have got 42.17% (60 credits).

Considering that I can only get 40% out of the 2/3 exams, what would I need to achieve from the 3rd exam (out of 100%) to at least try and achieve a 2:2 as my final degree classification.

Thanks for any help thank anybody can give me, I am really desperate here to try and claw back anything I can.
    Just out of curiosity what problems did you encounter? (Similar situation)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey guys,

Try gradestracker.com--this is a great website that allows you to input your module and assignment grades, and then tells you how much you need on each of them in order to achieve a goal grade that you can input for both your modules/years. This is ultimately much more beneficial than just a one-off calculation, because you can keep on top of it in real-time and adjust goals accordingly.

I can't calculate what you need on the exams as I don't know how many credits the modules the exams are for, or how much the exams are worth in the module.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PettyPrincess)
    Hi everyone,

As above, but from my calculations and depending on how your uni deals with rounding, I make it about 64.5. Which is almost exactly what you were on before!

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.