Turn on thread page Beta

Did Santander mess me about? Should I complain? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So basically I applied to Santander's work experience (through NCS).

I sent off my CV and there own little application thing well in advance. They then responded saying that if I have been successful I will be contacted before the first of March.

Time went by and I was not contacted at all so I assumed I had not got a place ( fair enough) but then Santander randomly rang me up on the 2nd of March past their own deadline stating I have been shortlisted with five other people. I was obviously very happy, but then the Santander worker started giving me a telephone interview on the spot without even telling me its and interview, even though I was not expecting it to occur as it was well past their own deadline.

In all honesty the interview wasn't that great as I clearly was not prepared for it as I would have been if I was aware (the day atleast) when it was going to happen.

Today I got an e-mail from NCS (partnered with Santander for the work experience) that I had not been successful at all and was not shortlisted in the first place. I replied stating that I was called earlier in the week by a representative from Santander that I was shortlisted. The person replied changing what they initially said stating that was short "you were shortlisted but you weren't one of the selected applicants.

That is currently where I stand. Atm I'm considering complaining because it has imo been a little bit of a rollercoaster over what is actually happening but at the same time is it worth my time to even bother stating how poor the whole process was??? (for the record not bitter about not getting it but do feel a little hard done by)

Thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    Complain if you want but I doubt anything will come of it. They were late... it happens. I wouldn't consider 1 day to be "well past their own deadline".

For the interview did you try asking them for time to prepare?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    Complain if you want but I doubt anything will come of it. They were late... it happens. I wouldn't consider 1 day to be "well past their own deadline".

For the interview did you try asking them for time to prepare?
    No I was basically interviewed without knowing I was being interviewed lol.

So she rang saying congratulations you have been shortlisted etc etc. Asked for my NI , if I can prove where I live , passport etc and then she started asking a few questions like "why do you want to work with us" . "what can you offer than to what other applicants can't in regards to having work experience with Santander" and ngl the second one threw me off because there isn't anywhere stating what your actually doing on the day. ( I thought to myself, how can I know what to give you when I don't even know what you want???lol).

Anyways I just said something really generic like "I am a hardworker" as I litterally couldn't think of anything

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.