amyclements123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Heya, so I'm studying CCEA AS Level History in Northern Ireland (the units I'm studying are Weimar & Nazi Germany & Russia, btw) and I've been finding it kinda hard as I didn't do History at GCSE level so most people are familiar with the way it works...just wondering if anyone has any tips?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amyclements123)
Heya, so I'm studying CCEA AS Level History in Northern Ireland (the units I'm studying are Weimar & Nazi Germany & Russia, btw) and I've been finding it kinda hard as I didn't do History at GCSE level so most people are familiar with the way it works...just wondering if anyone has any tips?
Get revision books and learn the material then practice exams.

The biggest tip I can give is that it is very simple and you need to read the question carefully and give them what they ask for.

Watch documentaries on youtube as well.

All your areas are covered in detail all over the place plus there are lots of revision books.
amyclements123
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Get revision books and learn the material then practice exams.

The biggest tip I can give is that it is very simple and you need to read the question carefully and give them what they ask for.

Watch documentaries on youtube as well.

All your areas are covered in detail all over the place plus there are lots of revision books.
thank you!!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amyclements123)
thank you!!
Just to put that into context once you get a feel for questions they ask, then you understand what areas you need to cover and what they want. That is the absolute key to writing essays. You can then do all the other things such as id issues, structure your essay, analyse, evaluate plus add details. History is basically simple once you understand the way to approach questions.

Download exam papers, start to appreciate the structure and you will get comfortable with how they ask questions.
amyclements123
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just to put that into context once you get a feel for questions they ask, then you understand what areas you need to cover and what they want. That is the absolute key to writing essays. You can then do all the other things such as id issues, structure your essay, analyse, evaluate plus add details. History is basically simple once you understand the way to approach questions.

Download exam papers, start to appreciate the structure and you will get comfortable with how they ask questions.
thanks so much, it helps a lot!!
rc63
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you think is going to come up in the Russian exam?
amyclements123
Rep:
?
(Original post by rc63)
What do you think is going to come up in the Russian exam?
I have absolutely no idea! Our teacher hasn't really made any predictions...do you have any thoughts?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.54%
I'm not sure (16)
3.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (153)
33.7%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.76%
I'm not a current university student (211)
46.48%

Watched Threads