Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! bit early but always good to have something like this....
    Just accepted my offer to do MSc Reproductive and Developmental Biology at Aberdeen.... any other potential postgrads out there?
    Know where you'll be living/who with?
    Just a general thread for all of us starting in 2018

ReputationRep:
    I just got accepted for the MSc for Ecology and Conservation.
    I want to accept the offer but I've still got a bunch of thing I've got to figure out first. Womp womp.
    One of them definitely being where to live as I'm currently in the states!

But thanks for starting the thread!!

ReputationRep:
    how long they take to reply for your application ?

(Original post by lizzieann96x)
    Hi! bit early but always good to have something like this....
    Just accepted my offer to do MSc Reproductive and Developmental Biology at Aberdeen.... any other potential postgrads out there?
    Know where you'll be living/who with?
    Just a general thread for all of us starting in 2018

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amr hassan)
    how long they take to reply for your application ?
    I applied on the Monday morning and got my reply that Wednesday afternoon! they're quite quick with responses, especially this early; what course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wami)
    I just got accepted for the MSc for Ecology and Conservation.
    I want to accept the offer but I've still got a bunch of thing I've got to figure out first. Womp womp.
    One of them definitely being where to live as I'm currently in the states!

But thanks for starting the thread!!

no problem I'd start looking at university offered Halls of Residence (just look on the website at accommodation), no where private would let you rent as you need to physically be there to apply...

There are other student halls companies, i'm going to be moving into Liberty Living - Rosemount halls, it's super super cheap (£60 per week, all bills/communal cleaning included) and really close to both work and uni for me

I was in a private flat for most of my undergrad degree but all my friends are moving away back into halls I go!

ReputationRep:
    no problem I'd start looking at university offered Halls of Residence (just look on the website at accommodation), no where private would let you rent as you need to physically be there to apply...

There are other student halls companies, i'm going to be moving into Liberty Living - Rosemount halls, it's super super cheap (£60 per week, all bills/communal cleaning included) and really close to both work and uni for me

I was in a private flat for most of my undergrad degree but all my friends are moving away back into halls I go!
    I'm guessing Liberty living also needs you be physically there?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Wami;76552030]I'm guessing Liberty living also needs you be physically there?[/QU

Because it's specifically university halls (and not private rent) you don't have to be in the country to view/sign contracts, it's all done online

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the Monday morning and got my reply that Wednesday afternoon! they're quite quick with responses, especially this early; what course did you apply for?
    oh just 3 days ! amazing , i will apply for commercial law and professional skills , do u know anyone attended that course before ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wami)
    I'm guessing Liberty living also needs you be physically there?
    Because it's specifically university halls (and not private rent) you don't have to be in the country to view/sign contracts, it's all done online

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, got accepted for Analytical Chemistry. What is this Liberty House? Does it belong to the University? Because I didn't find anything like that on the website. I'm thinking of Trinity but that sounds interesting. Also does anyone know if they are same gender rooms? Coming from Greece so I have no idea where to stay.

ReputationRep:
    Got admitted for the MSc in international relations. Looks like a good programme!

Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Este___)
    Heyy, got accepted for Analytical Chemistry. What is this Liberty House? Does it belong to the University? Because I didn't find anything like that on the website. I'm thinking of Trinity but that sounds interesting. Also does anyone know if they are same gender rooms? Coming from Greece so I have no idea where to stay.
    Literally just google Liberty Living Aberdeen and it'll come up

ReputationRep:
    Literally just google Liberty Living Aberdeen and it'll come up
    Yaa, I did that, sent them an email also.. Seems really good and cheap.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Este___;76713662]Yaa, I did that, sent them an email also.. Seems really good and cheap.[ like how much for living cost per month without accommodation ?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me when they got their Certificate of Acceptance? I didn't get a straight answer from the Admissions Office. I got a conditional offer, finally uploaded all my documents, but it's really important to know when I will be fully accepted, because I have the accommodation thing to sort out and the prices are going up. Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Congrats on securing your university place!

If you're starting to think about accommodation then don't forget to consider Mealmarket Exchange and Pittodrie Street, managed by us, Student Roost. You can view full details and make your booking via our website with just £250 deposit.

Our properties are in close proximity to the university and we host a range of social activities for all students living with us in the city.

https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/aberdeen

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me when they got their Certificate of Acceptance? I didn't get a straight answer from the Admissions Office. I got a conditional offer, finally uploaded all my documents, but it's really important to know when I will be fully accepted, because I have the accommodation thing to sort out and the prices are going up. Thanks
    So I was told by the international office that I would be getting mine 3 months before my start date. Not sure if that's different for domestic students though..

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.