The Student Room Group

Oxford undergraduate Geography Admissions and Interview

Hi guys, I'm currently studying in an American high school and have the intention of applying to Geography at Oxford. My current GPA is 3.82(mostly As but no A*s because the highest grades I could get are As). I'm going to take SAT this summer and study 5 AP courses in my senior year. I have some questions in my mind:

1.What should I do to increase the possibility of being admitted?
2.What typical questions are being asked during the Geography interviews?
3.What pre-interview tests do I need to take?
4. Is it hard to get into Christ Church College?
Original post by ethanparis
Hi guys, I'm currently studying in an American high school and have the intention of applying to Geography at Oxford. My current GPA is 3.82(mostly As but no A*s because the highest grades I could get are As). I'm going to take SAT this summer and study 5 AP courses in my senior year. I have some questions in my mind:

It is very competitive but if you really want to apply then go for it. Check what the entry requirements are for your country and read up on the admissions process. Read around your subject as well to talk about in your PS.
Original post by ethanparis

The answer to basically all your questions are on the Oxford website. But briefly...
(1) Be as good as your subject as possible, be able to deal with unfamiliar problems and to think about things rather than simply recalling things. Read widely.
(2) I believe there are examples on the Oxford website but it could be anything. Note that the interviews are academic.
(3) According to the Oxford website this has yet to be confirmed.
(4) The academic standard required to get into Oxford is uniform, and in theory your college choice should not affect your chance of getting admitted for Geography. Applying to a typically more competitive college does increase your likelihood of being reallocated to another college. But in general, apply for the college you want to get into.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending