Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Literature Power & Conflict poetry Paper 2 8702/2 - 25 May 2018 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fazzy_77)
    Yeah it was.
    What were the book questions? Do you do Lord of Flies? I’m asking because I want to eliminate the ones who have come up in the past two examinations from AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    teachers gave us tissue on our mocks, was the one poem i didn't want to come up
    I literally do no know any one the poems properly though. I think it's ridiculous that we need to know 15 but oh well, I guess life's not fair.

ReputationRep:
    I literally do no know any one the poems properly though. I think it's ridiculous that we need to know 15 but oh well, I guess life's not fair.
    15's a bit ridiculous, 8 would have been a reasonable number but not 15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzahabdulhamid)
    What were the book questions? Do you do Lord of Flies? I’m asking because I want to eliminate the ones who have come up in the past two examinations from AQA
    No, sorry. I do Never Let Me Go.

ReputationRep:
    No, sorry. I do Never Let Me Go.
    It would be helpful if you asked your English teacher if your mock was from the November 2017 exam because it will help everyone eliminate a poem for learning and Bayonet Charge cape up last year. If you can please let me know tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    idek since we havent even finished all our poems and havent finished an inspector calls yet rip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isadiya)
    idek since we havent even finished all our poems and havent finished an inspector calls yet rip
    Yeah but if you ask were the mock paper came from it would be helpful to know

ReputationRep:
    It would be helpful if you asked your English teacher if your mock was from the November 2017 exam because it will help everyone eliminate a poem for learning and Bayonet Charge cape up last year. If you can please let me know tomorrow
    Okay I will do.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but if you ask were the mock paper came from it would be helpful to know
    wdym? the mock paper came from aqa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isadiya)
    wdym? the mock paper came from aqa?
    Yeah I was checking to make sure a 100% that it was Fromm November 2017

ReputationRep:
    I bet AQA are reading this thread and taking notes...
    *aqa person underlines tissue in red pen*
    tbh, i would actually cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HS2030)
    I bet AQA are reading this thread and taking notes...
    *aqa person underlines tissue in red pen*
    tbh, i would actually cry
    Would be awful but AQA have already written the papers

ReputationRep:
    Would be awful but AQA have already written the papers
    That's fast.They wrote it so soon? Where were the AQA headquarters again? might try help you lots out ; )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HS2030)
    That's fast.They wrote it so soon? Where were the AQA headquarters again? might try help you lots out ; )
    Don’t know if you’re joking or not. But writing exams takes a lot of time

ReputationRep:
    Don’t know if you’re joking or not. But writing exams takes a lot of time
    OF COURSE im joking. you reap what you sow. you may chat and pass an exam, get a high paying job after graduating, start a business..... and OH NO. KARMA GOT BACK TO YOU. the business flops. oh well, now, you're living in squalor.
    so, yes i'm joking, once again you reap what you sow.

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's on my last duchess. It's really good for analysis and it offers a variety of viewpoints for you to waffle about. It can also link to a few poems because of the vagueness of the idea of an "internal conflict"

ReputationRep:
    Found out it wasn't from November 2017.

ReputationRep:
    what 4 poems can I learn that will link to all the other poems and which ones will each of them individually link to? (not bayonet charge or ozymandias bc they won't come up)

ReputationRep:
    Hi :wavey: Nice exam thread! I've added it to our big list of exam threads here where you can find helpful threads for all the exams you're doing If you feel like making any more exam threads, let me know the link and I can add it in as well! Happy revising :bl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ihatelife2)
    So which poem are you suggesting?
    It may seem a bit stupid but it’s actually quite logical. AQA will choose a poem that fits the page so it’s likely to be a short poem as last year it was Bayonet Charge and on the specimens it’s Ozymandias. Also since the paper is 2 hours 15 minutes with 4 hard questions, AQA will choose a poem that can be analysed quickly and read quickly so you have time to think about it.
    In the specimens and last years they were all short.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 21, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.