Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, my friend asked for my email, I thought he was going to spam it or something so I gave him a random e-mail on my contacts. Only after he sent 10 EMAILS did I realise he sent them to my I.C.T Teacher. Here's the message:

Subject: Jake told me to
    Message: Hello there I am sorry for this but yo gud man Jake told me to send 10 of these to you. I hope you fell ashamed of him and give him a good badness.

I don't know what to do once I go to his next class.
    Help!
    P.S I am in GCSE year.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Absentis)
    So, my friend asked for my email, I thought he was going to spam it or something so I gave him a random e-mail on my contacts. Only after he sent 10 EMAILS did I realise he sent them to my I.C.T Teacher. Here's the message:

Message: Hello there I am sorry for this but yo gud man Jake told me to send 10 of these to you. I hope you fell ashamed of him and give him a good badness.

Help!
    P.S I am in GCSE year.
    This is great. It depends on your IT teacher and whether they think its funny or they arent impressed. If not impressed then I would report you to the head and maybe get you detention or call your parents in if your explanation wasnt good enough and you didnt id the other party.

Impressively dumb thing to do. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    This is great. It depends on your IT teacher and whether they think its funny or they arent impressed. If not impressed then I would report you to the head and maybe get you detention or call your parents in if your explanation wasnt good enough and you didnt id the other party.

Impressively dumb thing to do. Well done.
    Thanks for the reply, here's some backstory:

We were in a discord group call ( I was teaching them how to use Python because they were interested ) and I was using the screen share function built within the program which allows you to record your screen so others in the call can see it. My friend, (We'll call him Mark for now!) decided it would be hilarious to screenshot my "Contacts" page within Gmail and use his email script he made THAT SAME DAY to email ALL of my contacts. I'm okay with him emailing my friends but he emailed my IT teacher. Too far.

Anyways, thanks again for the reply. I'm going to be straight-forward with him and confront him at the start or end of the lesson. I'm prepared for whatever punishment comes to me.

Wish me luck!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

We were in a discord group call ( I was teaching them how to use Python because they were interested ) and I was using the screen share function built within the program which allows you to record your screen so others in the call can see it. My friend, (We'll call him Mark for now!) decided it would be hilarious to screenshot my "Contacts" page within Gmail and use his email script he made THAT SAME DAY to email ALL of my contacts. I'm okay with him emailing my friends but he emailed my IT teacher. Too far.

Anyways, thanks again for the reply. I'm going to be straight-forward with him and confront him at the start or end of the lesson. I'm prepared for whatever punishment comes to me.

Wish me luck!
    he might not have accessed his account. If he is chilled then see him before registration first thing tomorrow. Explain one of your friends screenshotted, got the e-mail and was an idiot. Apologise and he might just delete them.

Alternatively if he was working last night he might not appreciate being spammed by a child moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    he might not have accessed his account. If he is chilled then see him before registration first thing tomorrow. Explain one of your friends screenshotted, got the e-mail and was an idiot. Apologise and he might just delete them.

Alternatively if he was working last night he might not appreciate being spammed by a child moron.

Thank goodness, he doesn't work late at all; I have a screenshot of the Python script... I'll just show him that.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Thank goodness, he doesn't work late at all; I have a screenshot of the Python script... I'll just show him that.
    Just say it was an accident and you will be more careful next time. You might get away with it, but you need to seek him out.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, you're a dead man sonny. That'll get you a detention for a minimum of 2 days.

"yo gud man Jake", lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    Lmao, you're a dead man sonny. That'll get you a detention for a minimum of 2 days.

"yo gud man Jake", lol
    My school could not be further from Harsh, they're quite lax about most things except bullying. My ICT and I don't really talk because I don't make a fuss in class and just get on with the coursework. The thing is, he's quite mad at our class already because we got a new teacher for Computer Science and some of the other pupils purposely try to annoy him.

So yeah, we'll see how this goes.

ReputationRep:

Wish me luck!
    Initially you gave him a random email adress and now he had a whole bunch of them accidentally. Unless this is a lie you plan to use to wriggle out of it then you are likely just lying in your OP as the story has changed quite a bit.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound too bad, just explain that your friend was being an idiot
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I gave him a random e-mail on my contacts
    My friend, (We'll call him Mark for now!) decided it would be hilarious to screenshot my "Contacts" page within Gmail and use his email script he made THAT SAME DAY to email ALL of my contacts
    So which one is it? You gave him the email or he screenshotted your contacts? I suspect a troll.

ReputationRep:
    But why the hell is your IT teacher in your contacts??
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Just say you had his email written down on a post-it note and your friend stole it from you.

(Original post by Bill Nye)
    A lot of ICT teachers and tutors see it as good practice for their students to have them email their work over. I did computing at college and it was just standard practice.

ReputationRep:
    you should go to the head of year and then tell her/him and explain what happened and you want to apologise to him and it was acxident

Help!
    P.S I am in GCSE year.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt he will even read it.

ReputationRep:

Help!
    P.S I am in GCSE year.
    I think you should be fine providing you ICT teacher can take a joke. I mean your friend could have sent a much worse message. If anything you will get a funny look as you walk in but then it will be back to normal.

I don't understand, why did you give him a random email address from your contacts list?

ReputationRep:
    Let me clear some things up here...

(Original post by DrawTheLine)
    So which one is it? You gave him the email or he screenshotted your contacts? I suspect a troll.
    The original summary was well... summarised, he screenshotted the contacts page. I have chat logs if you want them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    I mean my GMail Contacts; it is pretty normal for students to know their teacher's email address to submit tasks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RetroBeatles1970)
    I think you should be fine providing you ICT teacher can take a joke. I mean your friend could have sent a much worse message. If anything you will get a funny look as you walk in but then it will be back to normal.

I don't understand, why did you give him a random email address from your contacts list?

I didn't mean it like that; he screenshotted the page, therefore I provided him with (what I thought at the time) was a random address from my contacts list. Upon further inspection, it turns out it was my ICT teacher's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nandola23)
    you should go to the head of year and then tell her/him and explain what happened and you want to apologise to him and it was acxident
    Neither my ICT Teacher nor my HoD were in today unfortunately, in case you're wondering.

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.