The Student Room Group

Time to Kistart you Life into Gear?

Okay. So.
Firstly, a disclaimer: I'm usually quite flouncy with words (I blame a lifetime of English essays, where bigger words = better grades) but in this blog, I'm going to try and keep things plain and simple...so please bear with me!:biggrin:

The 'Last Time'
How many times have you caught yourself saying "This is the last time I..."? Or "From now on I'm going to..."? For me, it feels like every week I am setting myself new goals (from sorting out my sleep routine to starting a full revision scheme, to writing that bestselling novel I have been meaning to complete since year 7) but to no avail. Like many people, I feel motivated for the first day... but it's all downhill from there.

I've reached a point where it feels like I'll forever be in this state of limbo, where 'as soon as I get the time' I'll kick my life into gear. For sure. 100%. And every evening, half term, summer holiday, comes and goes...

Maybe, in order to get grow your grades, every other life goal (however small) has to wait.

Or maybe not.

Because there are people out there living through hardship, beating procrastination and changing their entire life every day. They prove that, with enough self-discipline, anything is possible... so that leaves the age old question; why not me?

Where this blog comes in...
I've tried almost everything under the sun in order to beat this problem. Maybe sharing it will help? I know so many people feel the same way and go through the same feeling of helplessness and self-inflicted disappointment or a regular basis, just like me.

Goal #1: Kickstart...revision for mocks

Been setting this goal for ages (mocks are the week after Easter) but never seem to get round to it. I'll keep an online almost diary to see how I get on- wish me luck!!

***A bit about me: I am in College, taking Maths Further Maths and Art. I got all A*'s at GCSE and have no idea what I want to do in the future.:biggrin:
Reply 1
08/03/18
Didn't get a spare moment today! Not even time for lunch:frown: I'm not giving up though; I still managed to fnish a lot of class work saving myself the extra homework I guess?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending