Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE AQA Religious Studies B 9-1!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Comment below if you are taking this course!!!!

ReputationRep:
    yep!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikela)
    yep!!
    Go Girl we'll get our Grade 9's!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HettiBetti)
    Go Girl we'll get our Grade 9's!!!
    that would be a dream come true! i'm doing a 4 and 5 marker now on judaism :") how do you find the course?

ReputationRep:
    Doing this course, finished my two themes and Judaism, now onto Catholicism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samhendrie)
    Doing this course, finished my two themes and Judaism, now onto Catholicism
    you're doing Catholicism last? we did it last year and it was long, and quite frankly, boring

how are you finding the course?

ReputationRep:
    you're doing Catholicism last? we did it last year and it was long, and quite frankly, boring

I’m in Year 10 atm so we have just started Catholicism, and Judaism and Themes were genuinely boring, I also found it challenging as I couldn’t remember all the correct Jewish Terminology. I ended themes with an 8 and Judaism with a 7. I’m hoping that because I’m Catholic I’ll find it easy, aha

ReputationRep:
    me!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    that would be a dream come true! i'm doing a 4 and 5 marker now on judaism :" how do you find the course?
    Girl...I got an 8 in my Catholic Christianity mock and an 8 on my Judaism mock!!!! eeee!!! #on the 14th and 16th of May I will hopefully get my 9!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Girl...I got an 8 in my Catholic Christianity mock and an 8 on my Judaism mock!!!! eeee!!! #on the 14th and 16th of May I will hopefully get my 9!!!!
    congrats !! i really dislike RE (but i love my teacher) so i'm not expecting 8s and 9s haha, a 7 would be nice to be honest. 12 markers are the bane of my existence, i cannot wait to get it over and done with!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samhendrie)
    I’m in Year 10 atm so we have just started Catholicism, and Judaism and Themes were genuinely boring, I also found it challenging as I couldn’t remember all the correct Jewish Terminology. I ended themes with an 8 and Judaism with a 7. I’m hoping that because I’m Catholic I’ll find it easy, aha
    i'm finishing judaism next week and i actually find it A LOT easier than catholicism haha with the catholicism section, the content is so hefty and i personally found it harder for some strange reason, as i'm still trying to wrap my head around triune god and eschatology :') good luck!

ReputationRep:
    congrats !! i really dislike RE (but i love my teacher) so i'm not expecting 8s and 9s haha, a 7 would be nice to be honest. 12 markers are the bane of my existence, i cannot wait to get it over and done with!!

Interesting and engaging!!! I wanna be a lawyer so when we debate in class I am always the first to put across my opinion!!!

ReputationRep:
    Interesting and engaging!!! I wanna be a lawyer so when we debate in class I am always the first to put across my opinion!!!
    i'm sure you'll become a lawyer! how do you revise for RE, and how are you finding the grade boundaries? i hate the grade boundaries, hopefully they will change it in our actual gcses

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure you'll become a lawyer! how do you revise for RE, and how are you finding the grade boundaries? i hate the grade boundaries, hopefully they will change it in our actual gcses
    Thanks Girl.... well for RE I revise by repetitive reading, videos, close analysis of the textbook, and exam practice!!!! In our Judaism test that I found out the results today the grade boundaries were: 75% = 6, 90% =8 and I think 62% was a 4!!! But I think in the real GCSEs a 9 will be 95%+ and a 5 will be 45-55%!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Girl.... well for RE I revise by repetitive reading, videos, close analysis of the textbook, and exam practice!!!! In our Judaism test that I found out the results today the grade boundaries were: 75% = 6, 90% =8 and I think 62% was a 4!!! But I think in the real GCSEs a 9 will be 95%+ and a 5 will be 45-55%!!!
    thanks x what videos do you use?

yeahhh, those grade boundaries are ridiculously high, hopefully a 5 is around 45-55%. i'm astonished that an 8 is 90%, shouldn't it be lower? like 85%? they do only make grade boundaries after marking the papers, so we'll see how it goes

ReputationRep:
    thanks x what videos do you use?

yeahhh, those grade boundaries are ridiculously high, hopefully a 5 is around 45-55%. i'm astonished that an 8 is 90%, shouldn't it be lower? like 85%? they do only make grade boundaries after marking the papers, so we'll see how it goes
    Yeah and hopefully we both get what we want!!! I use these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYOQ9RSYG1s . Although they are for course A you can still apply the tips for the course we are doing!!! Hope this helps!!! #I have got Religious Studies tomorrow!!!! eee!!! we are going to debate about human rights!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.