Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I understand the content (not much to understand really just learning) and I know a supposed structure but i still sometimes get low marks e.g 7/12 or 4/8. I've improved but I need to push more for 10/12 and 7/8 in order to get a 7 (A) that I'm predicted and want. Can anyone help? Or is anyone else struggling with this?

ReputationRep:
    In history your knowledge is only 50%, the other 50% is how you structure your answers and construct an argument.

ReputationRep:
    Youre not the only one my whole year group is failing it the highest i got was a 4 and the grade boundaries my school used were so high so the majority got 1's or 2's

ReputationRep:
    me too. But in all honesty, i got an A8 in year 10, and i didnt even follow the paragraph structure haha! i just made sure to include some refernce to refelct own nowlegde and explain.My 16 marker was 2 agree and 2 disagree with a summary. Just make sure you know what the question wants you to show off, and then put it in a coherent paragraph. In school, follow your teachers ways, so it gives you a confidence boost. Often they be harsh so that in the exam it feels easy (i dont agree with this method as it kills morale at times).
    Personally, i got kicked out of y top set history class in year 10,and dropped to the bottom because "if you're gonna fail, don't fail in my class.)
    Guess who got the A* miss!
    so again, don't take their markings as be all end all.
    Just go into details, and the teachers prefer if you were S.P.E.C.I.F.I.C.
    This is an example for an inference source
    Example:, "from the source, it could be inferred that hs2030 is an altruist. THIS IS PROVED/EVIDENT/SHOWN BY/AS in 2018, hs2030 typed this long post in order to help someone. THIS SHOWS THAT she was a true altruist as she was aiming to help people through the internet [further explanation as to why she is an altruist because of what she did in 2018 through the internet]...... HENCE/THEREFORE i can infer that hs2030 is an altruist"
    ^^^AGAIN A LOAD OF WAFFLE, im procrastinating, i tried to help. im sorry, but i hope it at least made you smile
    good luck, Im studying cold war, henry viii, medicine and germany

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HS2030)
    me too. But in all honesty, i got an A8 in year 10, and i didnt even follow the paragraph structure haha! i just made sure to include some refernce to refelct own nowlegde and explain.My 16 marker was 2 agree and 2 disagree with a summary. Just make sure you know what the question wants you to show off, and then put it in a coherent paragraph. In school, follow your teachers ways, so it gives you a confidence boost. Often they be harsh so that in the exam it feels easy (i dont agree with this method as it kills morale at times).
    Personally, i got kicked out of y top set history class in year 10,and dropped to the bottom because "if you're gonna fail, don't fail in my class.)
    Guess who got the A* miss!
    so again, don't take their markings as be all end all.
    Just go into details, and the teachers prefer if you were S.P.E.C.I.F.I.C.
    This is an example for an inference source
    Example:, "from the source, it could be inferred that hs2030 is an altruist. THIS IS PROVED/EVIDENT/SHOWN BY/AS in 2018, hs2030 typed this long post in order to help someone. THIS SHOWS THAT she was a true altruist as she was aiming to help people through the internet [further explanation as to why she is an altruist because of what she did in 2018 through the internet]...... HENCE/THEREFORE i can infer that hs2030 is an altruist"
    ^^^AGAIN A LOAD OF WAFFLE, im procrastinating, i tried to help. im sorry, but i hope it at least made you smile
    good luck, Im studying cold war, henry viii, medicine and germany
    Thanks so much! Definitely agree that they’re harsher especially as I go to a grammar school. There’s just so many different types of questions it sucks.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isadiya)
    Youre not the only one my whole year group is failing it the highest i got was a 4 and the grade boundaries my school used were so high so the majority got 1's or 2's
    Ugh i’m predicted a 7 but i keep getting 5’s! It sucks so much as it’s not even a priority subject for me so spending loads of time on it bores me so much haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingCamembert)
    In history your knowledge is only 50%, the other 50% is how you structure your answers and construct an argument.
    Yeah I know :/ It’s the structure that completely throws me if i’m honest because i feel like i do it right and then i get a 5 its horrible haha

ReputationRep:
    same!!

ReputationRep:
    for aqa for question 4 (factor qu) in medicine will the qu definitely be on one of these times: since the middle ages, medieval times, the renaissance, indusial revolution and the modern period? Also, will it always ask if it's on the development of medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesxx)
    Ugh i’m predicted a 7 but i keep getting 5’s! It sucks so much as it’s not even a priority subject for me so spending loads of time on it bores me so much haha.
    same what im currently getting is legit half of what im supposed to get idk how im going to get a 7 in two months, i dont even have a proper teacher rn bc my teachers have all left

ReputationRep:
    same what im currently getting is legit half of what im supposed to get idk how im going to get a 7 in two months, i dont even have a proper teacher rn bc my teachers have all left
    Hopefully we come through in the end and get 7s.. we’ve got that half term in between too for history so i’m gonna really practice structure then and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raqeen)
    same!!
    omg im glad we're on the same page my history mock is next week and everyone has given up for it bc its that much of a struggle to get a decent grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soroh Smith)
    for aqa for question 4 (factor qu) in medicine will the qu definitely be on one of these times: since the middle ages, medieval times, the renaissance, indusial revolution and the modern period? Also, will it always ask if it's on the development of medicine?
    Yeah, it’ll always be on those four as that’s what we cover and i dont think it’s always on development it can ask how a certain factor such as luck influenced medicine and you have to link another factor in at the end to link luck to such as technology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesxx)
    Okay, so I understand the content (not much to understand really just learning) and I know a supposed structure but i still sometimes get low marks e.g 7/12 or 4/8. I've improved but I need to push more for 10/12 and 7/8 in order to get a 7 (A) that I'm predicted and want. Can anyone help? Or is anyone else struggling with this?
    from my point of view, your luckier than me. i dont understand any og the content cuz my teacher doesnt even teach the lesson half the time. we didnt even do a history mock because we're not gonna finish the content.Dont worry, you'll do great!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The new history is kinda ridiculous to be honest, they want you to write so much in too little time. My teacher always tells me that for top grades you've got to consider and distinguish long and short term effects of events. I'd practice writing essays if you have time for that. What I find helpful is the 'so what' test - every time you write about an event you keep asking 'so what' and that helps you think about effects that you might not consider at first.

ReputationRep:
    What sub-topics are you doing for it + how far are you through the spec

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.