Turn on thread page Beta

Private school - cant afford to pay watch

Announcements

My mum forced me to go into private school as i didnt do very well in my gcses and im currently doing my AS. My mum is struggling to pay and she said that i might not be able to continue onto next year. But thats when im going to be applying for university? She keeps telling me that i can go to a free college but I keep telling her that the CIE exam board AS grades cant be transformed to aqa or ocr. Im going to get a part time job soon but it wont be enough to pay. Is there any way the government can pay? Bursaries? I know its my fault for not doing well in my gcses but i was severely depressed. What can i do?? I have to stay here.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My mum forced me to go into private school as i didnt do very well in my gcses and im currently doing my AS. My mum is struggling to pay and she said that i might not be able to continue onto next year. But thats when im going to be applying for university? She keeps telling me that i can go to a free college but I keep telling her that the CIE exam board AS grades cant be transformed to aqa or ocr. Im going to get a part time job soon but it wont be enough to pay. Is there any way the government can pay? Bursaries? I know its my fault for not doing well in my gcses but i was severely depressed. What can i do?? I have to stay here.

The college has bursaries and a hardship fund normally

You could teach yourself and sit cie in the UK.

Alternatively just redo year 12. It isnt the end of the world by any means.

Do not underestimate what a financial stress it is on your mum.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    The college has bursaries and a hardship fund normally

You could teach yourself and sit cie in the UK.

Alternatively just redo year 12. It isnt the end of the world by any means.

Do not underestimate what a financial stress it is on your mum.
    I’m redoing year 12. I cant do it again.

Hmm i could but A2 is much harder than AS..

The private College doesnt provide any sort of bursary or anything
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’m redoing year 12. I cant do it again.

Hmm i could but A2 is much harder than AS..

The private College doesnt provide any sort of bursary or anything
    Those are your choices.

Go to college or teach yourself. It is unusual to be doing CIE in the uk.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to your college but ultimately your choice will probably just be to transfer and start again.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.