Turn on thread page Beta

I want to ask out a muslim girl but i'm not muslim watch

So I'm a white atheist and I like this asian muslim girl. We talk sometimes but not much, and she never pushes me away when I talk to her like as if she has a bit of an interest in me.

Are muslim women allowed to date people like me? I want to ask her out but I'm not sure it's the right thing to do.

Do whatever you want to be honest, you don't really need anyone's confirmation lol

ReputationRep:
    To answer your question- No. Muslims are not allowed to date.

ReputationRep:
    She’ll most likely reject you tbh

ReputationRep:
    Go for it mate, what's the worst that could happen (keep it on the low though)

ReputationRep:
    Nah She'll reject you

ReputationRep:
    muslim girls tend to just date muslim boys but if she has loads of white friends she might date if interested but she'd want no one to know. also all that muslims arent allowed to date bs majority of muslim girls dont care abt that anymore

(Original post by h333)
    To answer your question- No. Muslims are not allowed to date.
    Well I'm pretty sure most of them do, but they are mostly other muslim guys from what i've seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm a white atheist and I like this asian muslim girl. We talk sometimes but not much, and she never pushes me away when I talk to her like as if she has a bit of an interest in me.

Are muslim women allowed to date people like me? I want to ask her out but I'm not sure it's the right thing to do.
    Just give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm pretty sure most of them do, but they are mostly other muslim guys from what i've seen.
    well is she devout or not because that could be the deciding factor

ReputationRep:
    Some might do as Muslims are not perfect but they shouldn’t- it’s impermissible in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Some might do as Muslims are not perfect but they shouldn’t- it’s impermissible in Islam.
    So does that rule come from the same part that tells Muslims to kill infidels?

I'm just confused by what parts certain people accept or reject and what anyone's given interpretation is.

ReputationRep:
    '
    (Original post by h333)
    well unless they aren't living together, there is no sexual contact and the 'dates' are purely to see if the two are compatible for marriage but that is unlikely what the OP wants

Shoot. I mean, the worst case scenario is her saying No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)

I'm just confused by what parts certain people accept or reject and what anyone's given interpretation is.
    There is no such rule, there are specific verses which tell muslims to kill a particular tribe that were at war with the muslims at the time it was written

it wasnt some general rule to apply to all non muslims

ReputationRep:
    Up to you but I'd strongly advise against. It's strictly forbidden in Islam

ReputationRep:

Do you think Muslims are Nazis or something? Of course they don't want to kill all infidels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaDe7)
    Do you think Muslims are Nazis or something? Of course they don't want to kill all infidels
    How about gays? Large proportions of Muslim regions are against them even execute them.

In the Bible it's pretty clear what it says, and also that far too many still follow it. But it's clear. What about in Islam?

ReputationRep:

(Original post by SaDe7)
    '

well unless they aren't living together, there is no sexual contact and the 'dates' are purely to see if the two are compatible for marriage but that is unlikely what the OP wants
    According to Islam it’s impermissible to be with the opposite gender in this way even if there is no “sexual contact” involved. Muslims should refrain from accepting and saying yes to someone (be it a Muslim or a non Muslim) who “asks them out” on a casual date. If they care for their faith (Islam) and fear Allah (God/The Creator) then they will hopefully reject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    According to Islam it’s impermissible to be with the opposite gender in this way even if there is no “sexual contact” involved. Muslims should refrain from accepting and saying yes to someone (be it a Muslim or a non Muslim) who “asks them out” on a casual date. If they care for their faith (Islam) and fear Allah (God/The Creator) then they will hopefully reject.
    So millions and millions of Muslims are bad Muslims?

Why does Allah forbid this?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2018
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.