Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm new here, just a quick question ....can anyone give me an example of the time table for criminology and sociology with foundation year please (full time) I haven't heard back from the university or anything I just want to be prepared (I have three children)
    Many thanks!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you!
    My application is being considered by LMJU, It’s not healthy how many times I’ve checked ucas website 😂

ReputationRep:
    It looks like for 17/18 year for the crim/soc foundation year (and I should say this is just me reading it I'm not on this course), semester 1 (Sep-Dec) it was Monday 1-3pm, Tuesday 11-1pm, Wednesday off, Thursday 11-1pm and Friday 9-2pm. Then semester 2 (Jan-Apr/May ish) Monday 9-11am (followed by what looks like an hour optional drop in), Tuesday just an optional 1-2pm drop in, Wednesday 9-1pm, Thursday 11-1pm and Friday 9-3pm. Although some of the sessions like the Friday 9-3pm are 2 hour lecture followed by 2 hour workshop so depending on which workshop group you are allocated you could be finished earlier than 3pm. All that being said it could be totally different for the 18/19 year, things can and do change between the years so please don't take this as a definite timetable just an idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieMT)
    It looks like for 17/18 year for the crim/soc foundation year (and I should say this is just me reading it I'm not on this course), semester 1 (Sep-Dec) it was Monday 1-3pm, Tuesday 11-1pm, Wednesday off, Thursday 11-1pm and Friday 9-2pm. Then semester 2 (Jan-Apr/May ish) Monday 9-11am (followed by what looks like an hour optional drop in), Tuesday just an optional 1-2pm drop in, Wednesday 9-1pm, Thursday 11-1pm and Friday 9-3pm. Although some of the sessions like the Friday 9-3pm are 2 hour lecture followed by 2 hour workshop so depending on which workshop group you are allocated you could be finished earlier than 3pm. All that being said it could be totally different for the 18/19 year, things can and do change between the years so please don't take this as a definite timetable just an idea.
    Thank you so much! Even if things do change I have an idea of what to expect now x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicmoonbeams)
    Thank you so much! Even if things do change I have an idea of what to expect now x
    Glad I could help you, will say the foundation year timetable is quite different to that of the 3 year degree that follows, that tends to be more like 3 days a week but the days are slightly more full. I'm sure you'll get all the information once you're at university though!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieMT)
    Glad I could help you, will say the foundation year timetable is quite different to that of the 3 year degree that follows, that tends to be more like 3 days a week but the days are slightly more full. I'm sure you'll get all the information once you're at university though!
    Thank you! I got a conditional offer on Monday, attended applicant day on wednesday and loved it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 20, 2018

University open days

1. Liverpool John Moores University
    Three campuses, five faculties and over 21,000 students from over 100 countries make LJMU what it is today: a modern, student-centric university. Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. Liverpool John Moores University
    Three campuses, five faculties and over 21,000 students from over 100 countries make LJMU what it is today: a modern, student-centric university. Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. Liverpool John Moores University
    Wed, 7 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.