Turn on thread page Beta

Would you go out with someone if they were only one inch taller than you watch

I am around 5 foot 7 male from my experience girls want someone that are over 5 foot 10.

Even girls who are like 5 foot they keep saying that they want guys who are 6 foot.

ReputationRep:
    the ladies are interested in your personality innit

ReputationRep:
    I like 5ft7, im a girl and 5ft1

I'm 5'6. My last boyfriend claimed he was 5'7 but we were basically the same height. Absolutely no problems at all. Height was never an issue.
    He was a confident guy with a big personality, you would never think he was insecure about his height. I mean I dunno if he was or not. But I'm saying with this confidence, no one would even notice he was on the shorter side or be put off.
    5'7 is a decent height. Just learn to embrace it and be confident and people won't even notice or care about your height.

Genuinely though, two other guys I've fancied but never dated have been pretty much my height as well. Some girls it will be a problem but a lot of us don't mind at all.

ReputationRep:
    I've actually never really understood why some girls that are 5ft tall would want to date someone taller than 6ft. It always seemed odd to me haha. But anyways I don't care about a guy's height that much and I'm sure some other girls feel this way too. I even liked some guys that were shorter than me haha

ReputationRep:
    Would I date a 6ft 6 girl? uh... never seen one

(Original post by jas149)
    I've actually never really understood why some girls that are 5ft tall would want to date someone taller than 6ft. It always seemed odd to me haha. But anyways I don't care about a guy's height that much and I'm sure some other girls feel this way too. I even liked some guys that were shorter than me haha
    Perhaps they enjoy the idea that at any point their man could easily throw them out a window? :dontknow:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm 6'2'', so no.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    So I'm quite a tall girl, and I've always been tall I'm now just under 6ft but my long term boyfriend is a couple of inches shorter then me, when I was younger I found dating shorter guys hard because almost all of the guys were shorter then me and I felt self concious about it, but not anymore,
    With my current boyfriend It bothered me a little bit at the start of our relationship, I found it awkward to wear heels around him and I was self concious when we went out that he was slightly shorter then me but now, after 5 years I really couldn't give a **** anymore
    I still don't really wear heels around him but other then that it doesn't bother us anymore.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.