Turn on thread page Beta

My dad he owes me £90 from 2 months ago when I ordered drill batteries for him. There hasn't been a word from him that he will pay me back since. I don't feel comfortable asking him for money because he will get p*ssed off like most Pakistani dads usually are. I work 16 hours a week and earn £500 a month and most of it goes towards my car's running costs and food, gym, phone bill etc so I only have £100-150 left to save up for. The other day I was telling my cousin how I spent £300 on my car on new suspension and tyres and my dad was there too and later when my cousin went home, my dad was telling me you shouldn't tell people how much you spent on your car because people will talk about how much money you spend on your car and that you don't give any money to your parents. I'm like seriously wtf? I buy half of the food for family, give £20 every week to my little sister and bring bargain tools from work place for my dad and he still thinks I'm not doing anything. I can't let that £90 go and really need it back. Please help me what can I do to get it back from my dad in a nice way because we are Pakistanis and it's not easy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You need to get out more. Or get a girl.

ReputationRep:
    Your dad told you not to show off ? so what , just because you occasionally chip in to the household grocery budget doesn't take away your dad's right to tell you good from bad.

Your saving £100 + a month, that is alot. I know people working full time jobs on 17k a year, and need overdraft to pay electricity bills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekidwhogames)
    Or both
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ihatelife2)
    Or both
    yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekidwhogames)
    getting a girl wont help because the dad will flip out pakistanis go madd i have experienced simmilar things i strongly suggest you to talk to ur dad
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by asianprincess123)
    getting a girl wont help because the dad will flip out pakistanis go madd i have experienced simmilar things i strongly suggest you to talk to ur dad
    What rubbish do you spout, young one?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.