Turn on thread page Beta

Is it dishonest to be in a relationship with someone you're not sexually attracted to watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would say it's dishonest to both you and him; we know when someone, who we love and lust after, isn't physically attracted to us and it plagues the back of our minds constantly.

Coming from personal experience; I dated a guy who wasn't sexually attracted to me. After a year of dating I noticed he complimented other women for their looks but hadn't once complimented me. I asked him why this was and he bluntly said "because I don't find you physically attractive", I asked him why he was dating me and he said "because I like your personality". I was crushed by this; someone who I loved and lusted for didn't feel the same way yet I stayed with him for another year before breaking up due to lack of affection.

He didn't like being touched by me (I loved his bum and would squeeze it whenever I could yet he always made a comment about it and how I shouldn't "touch what I couldn't afford"), very rarely held my hand (he would do it for a while before breaking off) or kissed me and we only had sex 4 times in our 2 years together.

There is no point in being in a relationship where you are not fully attracted to the person; not only do you hurt the person you are dating, you are not being true to yourself either and you should do yourself and him a favour and break up. Let him find a woman who is sexually attracted to him and his personality and you find another man who you can love fully too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I was thinking maybe things would be different if I did gives things another go as he has matured and looks older. But I don't even know whether to risk going back to that chapter again or just continue trying to move on. Was very heartbroken you see.
    I know. do you want to take a chance on em. LOL

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.