Turn on thread page Beta

Is it dishonest to be in a relationship with someone you're not sexually attracted to watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would say it's dishonest to both you and him; we know when someone, who we love and lust after, isn't physically attracted to us and it plagues the back of our minds constantly.

Coming from personal experience; I dated a guy who wasn't sexually attracted to me. After a year of dating I noticed he complimented other women for their looks but hadn't once complimented me. I asked him why this was and he bluntly said "because I don't find you physically attractive", I asked him why he was dating me and he said "because I like your personality". I was crushed by this; someone who I loved and lusted for didn't feel the same way yet I stayed with him for another year before breaking up due to lack of affection.

He didn't like being touched by me (I loved his bum and would squeeze it whenever I could yet he always made a comment about it and how I shouldn't "touch what I couldn't afford"), very rarely held my hand (he would do it for a while before breaking off) or kissed me and we only had sex 4 times in our 2 years together.

There is no point in being in a relationship where you are not fully attracted to the person; not only do you hurt the person you are dating, you are not being true to yourself either and you should do yourself and him a favour and break up. Let him find a woman who is sexually attracted to him and his personality and you find another man who you can love fully too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I was thinking maybe things would be different if I did gives things another go as he has matured and looks older. But I don't even know whether to risk going back to that chapter again or just continue trying to move on. Was very heartbroken you see.
    I know. do you want to take a chance on em. LOL

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.