Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have received both offers for UWS Paisley campus and the University of Stirling to study BSc Mental Health Nursing. I am torn between the two and was wondering if anyone has and advice reguarding both unis before I confirm my choice. Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I had applied to both for social work. In the general rankings Stirling is ranked higher but in my subject UWS was ranked higher.
    Pros for Stirling: beautiful campus, many societies, lots of international students
    But: the town is small and that may affect both your student life and your placements (they could be further away)
    I made my mind up for UWS (Paisley campus).
    The small town doesn't suit me.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your advice. I plan to live at home so I would be giving myself extra pressure wothbthe travel to placement etc.

ReputationRep:
    You are welcome. Depending on what you decide, perhaps we'll meet in campus in September!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I know 😆 I'll need to decide soon mind you!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.