Turn on thread page Beta

What do I do about (potential) work experience? watch

Announcements

In the summer between high school and college my mum moved me and my brothers (8 and 13 at the time) to another town/county. I might want to teach some day so I set up work experience at my high school before I knew this was happening. I couldn't see that through because of the move.
    Since it's a high school I want to teach in my career adviser helped get me in touch with the careers adviser at my (then 13, now 15yo) brother's high school over the phone. She took my details, asked if the student with my sirname was a relative, I said "yeah, my little brother" and said she'd ring back within a month. 4 months later, I've heard nothing from the careers person, my adviser has filled out a form about it and sent it in in case they forgot or something, but my brother has been getting detentions/isolation/letters home and my other brother has been rejected from the school and apparently our mum said something to the school at one point when 15yo was put in isolation for asking for clarification on a question (from what I've been told). A friend with grades and experience similar to me also applied and they heard back in about 2 weeks.
    I'm starting to wonder if the reason I haven't heard back is because either they don't know me and I don't know them, or if my family, bless their hearts, have inadvertently scuppered my chances.
    I would ask somewhere else but I don't know anywhere else! Do I chase them or do I wait and see?

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.