Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am from Newcastle and love going out etc. I've obviously heard about the very insular and lonely atmosphere at LSE and the poor social life it provides for a lot of students, therefore, I was wondering if I should put them as my firm. I'm commonly spoken and from a state school also, I can't imagine that going down particularly well either.

ReputationRep:
    Being from a state school wont make a difference in terms of being accepted by anyone.

whilst its true International Students particularly from the far east tend to keep to themselves and are not the sociable.

LSE is still a huge university with lots of different societies. You are bound make friends along some shared interest. You will also make friends on your course, typically in tutorials which tend to me smaller in class size. There are still loads of brits and so wont be difficult to make friends.

What course have you been offered ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron4president)
    I am from Newcastle and love going out etc. I've obviously heard about the very insular and lonely atmosphere at LSE and the poor social life it provides for a lot of students, therefore, I was wondering if I should put them as my firm. I'm commonly spoken and from a state school also, I can't imagine that going down particularly well either.
    I firmed LSE and this was a bit of a concern. I do think if having a good social life and that whole experience is very important then you're better off elsewhere. I personally prioritise other stuff like career opportunities so thats why i chose LSE

ReputationRep:
    firm LSE. you will have a crap time but believe me, it will AMAZE you how fast time flies, you will be out of there in no time. its not only old people who say that, you really are only in each semester/term for a matter of 'weeks' before your exams, and then you have x3 of them.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. Firm it.

ReputationRep:
    Do you play any sports? If so you will have a great time with the AU and socials that the teams organise themselves. I went to a state school and college and I have never felt out of place at LSE and I am graduating in July. I have had a summer Internship and converted that in to a full time job which I start in August. My three years at LSE have flown by and I have really enjoyed it there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 29, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.