Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why is getting a job so hard? I see loads of people with jobs and I’m confused with how they got them, I really try my best and I’ve applied to about 10 and I’ve got declined for all? It’s so hard to get started when you have no experience any suggestions on where to start that don’t take experience as a main factor? I feel like I’d genuinely be a good employee as I’ve done work experience for 3 months and charity for two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I can so relate
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown19x)
    I can so relate
    It’s so frustrating 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marla12)
    It’s so frustrating 😭
    I totally feel you. I ain’t getting anywhere either

ReputationRep:
    Guy with a job here. Ten applications isn't enough. Try to apply for at least thirty. That's what I did, and it was just enough to get me a single interview. For most entry level jobs once you have an interview you basically have the job, as long as you don't act too weird. Also, keep your CV short and relevant. Employers don't care enough to read anything longer than a page. Finally, look at gaps in the job market. Is a certain workplace always really busy and crowded? Apply there first, preferably online. Chances are they need help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andyboi)
    Guy with a job here. Ten applications isn't enough. Try to apply for at least thirty. That's what I did, and it was just enough to get me a single interview. For most entry level jobs once you have an interview you basically have the job, as long as you don't act too weird. Also, keep your CV short and relevant. Employers don't care enough to read anything longer than a page. Finally, look at gaps in the job market. Is a certain workplace always really busy and crowded? Apply there first, preferably online. Chances are they need help.
    Where do you work if u dnt mind me asking Also where can I apply to easily get a job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marla12)
    Why is getting a job so hard? I see loads of people with jobs and I’m confused with how they got them, I really try my best and I’ve applied to about 10 and I’ve got declined for all? It’s so hard to get started when you have no experience any suggestions on where to start that don’t take experience as a main factor? I feel like I’d genuinely be a good employee as I’ve done work experience for 3 months and charity for two weeks.
    Lol, 10 applications is nothing.

ReputationRep:
    10 applications is NOT a lot. Personally I've never found it hard to secure a job when I wanted one. You need to apply for lots of places but be smart - if you have no experience apply for small local places or less exciting shops, apply for temp positions, telesales etc.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, 10 applications is not a lot. Look for more work experience.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, are you getting the interviews? is your CV up to scratch?.

If you are getting the interviews prepare. look at the company online, find out about the company you are trying to work for.

Make sure you are prepared, interviews are quite predictable. They will test your knowledge (that's your to know) and they test competencies i.e communication, organization, problems solving etc have prepared answers for these types of questions with examples of when for example you solved a problem.

I interview alot and the ones who get the job are the prepared ones. That all being said I value experience over education (all my applicants have Min Batchelors it's a pre requisite), so it is going to be hard if you are fresh out of university. The most important thing in my opinion is attitude. Attitude is key!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.