The Student Room Group

Useful textbook

Hey guys, I am an undergraduate studying biomed but have never done chemistry. so I am having troubles with understanding organic chemistry.
do you think the organic chemistry bios instant note will help be quickly understand organic chemistry before my exams in MAY.

cheers guys
Original post by Ifeoluwadarams
Hey guys, I am an undergraduate studying biomed but have never done chemistry. so I am having troubles with understanding organic chemistry.
do you think the organic chemistry bios instant note will help be quickly understand organic chemistry before my exams in MAY.

cheers guys

The Dr Boes revision books get recommended a lot. A level knowledge is better than no knowledge.
Original post by Ifeoluwadarams
I am having troubles with understanding organic chemistry.

Short answer, no.

I have the Bios: 'Instant Notes', in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics etc. They're great small text books, but are revision guides, for when you are already familiar with the material.

I'd suggest the 'CatchUp' series from Scion Publishing Ltd.

Amazon link - 'CatchUp' chemistry
2nd edition (2012) £18, new

1st ed. (2005) available second hand from Amazon, from £0.01 :smile:

I built up a collection of well over 200 A level, but mostly degree level text books, by purchasing previous editions for a fraction of the cost of new eds. eg £40 - 60 latest ed. one or two editions previous £0.01 - £5.00 :smile: And comparing with new ed. in university library,if I reference in bibliography in assignments.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest