Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello every one!I just wanted some input on whether i should opt for NTU or UWE for my BPTC, a I have recieved an offer from both. I got to know about the NTU's campus being in the city, yet UWE is a little far away from the city. Uwe affords me the oppurtunity to live in campus based accomodations which are 5 minutes walk from the campus. I really need to know if the living costs are cheaper in NTU or UWE, the standard of education is better in UWE or NTU.Succinctly, I need to weigh the pros and cons so that i make an informed decision.P.S please reply immediately as i have to make a decision by 2nd April. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fahadbajwa)
    Hello every one!I just wanted some input on whether i should opt for NTU or UWE for my BPTC, a I have recieved an offer from both. I got to know about the NTU's campus being in the city, yet UWE is a little far away from the city. Uwe affords me the oppurtunity to live in campus based accomodations which are 5 minutes walk from the campus. I really need to know if the living costs are cheaper in NTU or UWE, the standard of education is better in UWE or NTU.Succinctly, I need to weigh the pros and cons so that i make an informed decision.P.S please reply immediately as i have to make a decision by 2nd April. Thank you
    For overall reputation they're pretty much the same. Can't speak specifically for bptc though. Might have to do some deeper googling to see what students thought about it.
    For living costs, I'd say Bristol (uwe) is more expensive but it's not too much of a significant difference.
    In terms of the cities, they're both nice but I personally prefer Bristol. Same for the nightlife. You will have a cracking time at uwe. Really fun place to live.
    I'd focus more on which course structure you prefer and which city/uni you personally feel more comfortable in.
    I don't think you could go wrong with either place though, there's not much between them especially if it's just a year.

ReputationRep:
    I’m in the exact same position as you. I have offers from both and cannot decide which I’d prefer. I am completing my undergraduate at NTU and have loved it here but the optional modules at UWE are more appealing.

ReputationRep:
    blawan that is really very nice of you to put up such an honest analysis. Thank you for spending some time here budd!

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.