Next year entry if I have been offered a place at a uni. Watch

garv chawla
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Greetings to all,
Yesterday was my physics exam of class 12 , but I screwed up majorly, even though I had prepared extremely well and I’m sure it’ll mess with my aggregate percentage so I want to clarify that say my percentage just falls short of the percentage requirements of the uni, can I give an improvement exam and then join the uni in the subsequent year with the same offer if I inform them of what happened ? ( the paper was lengthy and by the end of it I started panicking and forgot many answers, and was unable to even attempt the entire paper )
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by garv chawla)
Greetings to all,
Yesterday was my physics exam of class 12 , but I screwed up majorly, even though I had prepared extremely well and I’m sure it’ll mess with my aggregate percentage so I want to clarify that say my percentage just falls short of the percentage requirements of the uni, can I give an improvement exam and then join the uni in the subsequent year with the same offer if I inform them of what happened ? ( the paper was lengthy and by the end of it I started panicking and forgot many answers, and was unable to even attempt the entire paper )
Have you applied for university yet? Do you have offers?
garv chawla
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Have you applied for university yet? Do you have offers?
yes i have applied for
LSE- rejected
warwick- pending
manchester - conditional offer
southampton- conditional offer
york- conditional offer
garv chawla
Rep:
?
bumping this thread.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by garv chawla)
yes i have applied for
LSE- rejected
warwick- pending
manchester - conditional offer
southampton- conditional offer
york- conditional offer
ok

You can ask your universities to defer your place at any point (they don't have to agree but they normally will). However a deferred offer for 2019 entry would be based on you meeting conditions before 31 August 2018 - you can't take an extra year to meet the conditions for this UCAS cycle.

If you want to retake exams because you've missed your offer and been rejected then you would need to reapply in September 2018 for 2019 entry.
garv chawla
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
ok

You can ask your universities to defer your place at any point (they don't have to agree but they normally will). However a deferred offer for 2019 entry would be based on you meeting conditions before 31 August 2018 - you can't take an extra year to meet the conditions for this UCAS cycle.

If you want to retake exams because you've missed your offer and been rejected then you would need to reapply in September 2018 for 2019 entry.
thanks alot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.68%
No (588)
72.32%

Watched Threads