Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I have been allocated to my 3rd choice (South Thames) for my F1 ranking.

One thing that I am not particularly keen on is doing a year in London and a year out.

I would actually prefer to have both F1 and F2 OUTSIDE London.

Is that at all possible?

ReputationRep:
    Yes - south Thames covers south London and then Kent/ Surrey/ Sussex. You can go to Brighton or be based in the surrounding areas and completely not in London. There’s 6 ‘areas’ of south Thames; 3 London based, 2 are elsewhere, and ones a continuity area that covers everywhere but you have 2 years in the same place. You rank them by preference and then get allocated an area and rank the jobs within that area (at least that so how it was last year).

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest what was your score if u dont mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    Do you know how hard it is to get both years outside of London within the South Thames deanery/what the competition is like?
    Thinking of applying there for next year but would rather not working in london.

Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.