Turn on thread page Beta

Falling asleep between eating food after workout watch

ReputationRep:
    Last night at around 9 o'clock I did two sets of pull the handle bar down, working on my upper arms. Then I went to a supermarket and got two pots of Fage Greek yoghurt which had around 50g of protein each. I finish the first pot, then get part way through eating the second one then fall asleep for the rest of the night, waking up at 7:30. I finish it off and have just had a third pot for my breakfast.

I know that after a workout you're supposed to eat within a certain amount of time to effect your efforts but because I fell asleep part way through eating, will this mean my workout last night was negated due to me falling asleep and only getting the nutrients from one yoghurt and a little bit of the second one, not both?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    maybe you were just super tired? did you do much during the day that tired you out? or whats your sleeping pattern like?

idk i nap alot but after workouts and a meal, but thats only cuz i like sleeping :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    maybe you were just super tired? did you do much during the day that tired you out? or whats your sleeping pattern like?

idk i nap alot but after workouts and a meal, but thats only cuz i like sleeping :lol:
    I was at college in the daytime and I usually get around 6 to 7 hours of sleep. :yawn:

But long term, will sleeping after a workout then eating the high protein stuff after I wake up have a negative impact on muscle growth? :confused:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ChromeYoghurt)
    I was at college in the daytime and I usually get around 6 to 7 hours of sleep. :yawn:

But long term, will sleeping after a workout then eating the high protein stuff after I wake up have a negative impact on muscle growth? :confused:
    not really on muscle growth, because as far as im aware muscle grows when youre resting, hence why we have rest days. As long as youre not skipping meals its fine, but you fell asleep half way through one haha, just eat properly and then sleep, you'll be fine!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3014757

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.