Want more information about this university?
Pandalover143
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is there anyone in Derby Uni that likes kpop? I used to do kpop dancing back in school and college but now am really starting to miss it. I miss dancing in a group and if there was anyone interested in making a kpop dance group (experienced or not) message me. My goal is to get at least 20 people to be interested so next academic year i could make a society for it as there are currently no dance or Korean Culture societies. Anyway i think i'd be really cool if there was finally a kpop dance group/class in Derby.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
Racheldriver
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I’m at Derby Uni and I’m obsessed with kpop!! I’ve met a friend that is the same as me and my other friend is starting to like it too. I would love to do the dance class thing it would be so fun !! I love learning the routines but the most people I’ve had learning it is me and two others at home.
Pandalover143
Rep:
?
(Original post by Racheldriver)
Hey I’m at Derby Uni and I’m obsessed with kpop!! I’ve met a friend that is the same as me and my other friend is starting to like it too. I would love to do the dance class thing it would be so fun !! I love learning the routines but the most people I’ve had learning it is me and two others at home.
Awesome! Where in derby do you live if u don't mind me asking or just pm me
username3882216
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't go to Derby uni BUT i love kpop especially BTS
amzyrads
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Khadija.R123)
Omg same ARMY who's you're buas
username3882216
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amzyrads)
Omg same ARMY who's you're buas
Jimin
Pandalover143
Rep:
?
(Original post by Khadija.R123)
They're so cool! Gotta love baepsae 😄 or gogo
Anmol401
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I love kpop kdrama kshows and I live in Derby... next year I will do international tourism management in derby university but Buxton campus.
University of Derby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pandalover143)
Is there anyone in Derby Uni that likes kpop? I used to do kpop dancing back in school and college but now am really starting to miss it. I miss dancing in a group and if there was anyone interested in making a kpop dance group (experienced or not) message me. My goal is to get at least 20 people to be interested so next academic year i could make a society for it as there are currently no dance or Korean Culture societies. Anyway i think i'd be really cool if there was finally a kpop dance group/class in Derby.
Hi Pandalover143,

You could set this up as a Society with in the Union of Students. You need to have interest to set up as a society, but you could start up as a micro society and look at growing in to a society as interest grows and develops.

If you get in contact with our society co-coordinator he will be able to assist you in setting this society up. His email [email protected].

Thanks,

Callum
ars_x_def.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m starting next year and I love Kpop and dancing too! But I’ll be at Buxton campus...
University of Derby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ars_x_def.)
I’m starting next year and I love Kpop and dancing too! But I’ll be at Buxton campus...
Hi ars_x_def., while Buxton societies tend to be different to Derby ones, there's no reason why you couldn't set up a K Pop one there too! As Callum mentioned, our society co-coordinator can help explain how to start this - his email [email protected].

Ryan
Jitka123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, guys I am an army too I moved to derby one month ago, I was looking for kpop friends for so long
Wan.Olivia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,I would love to do that but 2 or more questions.•What age is it based at?•Where and When is the Kpop Dance lessons on?If you could answer me it would be a pleasure,thank you
minnie.p
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
i’m a bit late lol but i’m not in uni i’m actually in high school year 8 but i’m such a big fan of kpop and this would be super cool since i love dancing and i love kpop. I’m also a massive multi stan so it’s harder for me to memorise every single groups dance so i think a club would be easier!
Anmol401
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by minnie.p)
i’m a bit late lol but i’m not in uni i’m actually in high school year 8 but i’m such a big fan of kpop and this would be super cool since i love dancing and i love kpop. I’m also a massive multi stan so it’s harder for me to memorise every single groups dance so i think a club would be easier!
Really 😊 I started work instead of uni, do you have insta, my id is @OMGT98 let's talk~
Lelevenus
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I dance & sing and I’d love to be in a group since it’d be so much more fun. It’d be amazing if we could gather and talk about our interests
Last edited by Lelevenus; 8 months ago
evelina999
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, guys, are you still up to this idea of kpop dancing group? I know it's an old topic. And I'm not a student tho but I was searching for derby kpop dance classes and it brought me here x
uodhallyusoc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I know this is from two years ago, but just in case anyone sees it, we created a kpop society!!
You can join us and our dance classes even if you're not a University student.
Come join us!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise