Turn on thread page Beta

Want to leave a course for another. watch

ReputationRep:
    So some backstory I'm 20 years old currently in the 1st of 2 years of level 5 HND Visual Effects and Animation. Ever since I started back in September I felt something wasn't right but due to pressure from parents and some convincing from one of my tutors (who's a great guy) I decided to stay after the cut off date.

I went against my gut instincts and Continued on with the course & im currently in the final semester of year 1 and I've just about had it. Animation is NOT for me and it's damn shame it took me this long to find out for myself. I've an interest in Art and Photography and I've decided another course (it's a level 3 Btech) is more for me and want to do that instead and it could then progress on to a level 4 HNC.

I've been invited to attend a PEAG session to see if this other course is truly for me and if so I'm definitely taking the chance on it.

Really I'm just sitting here wondering if I do leave after completing year 1 in May if I get some sort of certificate or qualification?

Also very interested to hear from people who have been in a similar situation like this would love to hear from you. First time poster here so thanks for reading
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Deane97)
    So some backstory I'm 20 years old currently in the 1st of 2 years of level 5 HND Visual Effects and Animation. Ever since I started back in September I felt something wasn't right but due to pressure from parents and some convincing from one of my tutors (who's a great guy) I decided to stay after the cut off date.

I went against my gut instincts and Continued on with the course & im currently in the final semester of year 1 and I've just about had it. Animation is NOT for me and it's damn shame it took me this long to find out for myself. I've an interest in Art and Photography and I've decided another course (it's a level 3 Btech) is more for me and want to do that instead and it could then progress on to a level 4 HNC.

I've been invited to attend a PEAG session to see if this other course is truly for me and if so I'm definitely taking the chance on it.

Really I'm just sitting here wondering if I do leave after completing year 1 in May if I get some sort of certificate or qualification?

Also very interested to hear from people who have been in a similar situation like this would love to hear from you. First time poster here so thanks for reading
    If you complete 1 year of a 2 year HND then you would normally get an HNC qualification. I'm guessing it's a Pearson/BTEC qualification that you're studying? If so then it will depend on how your college has covered the HND course content in the first year whether you'll have the required units/credits for an HNC.

It's worth speaking to someone at your college about it - get a full transcript of your marks so far and what you'll be covering between now and the end of the year so that you've got all the information you need

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.