Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    I’ll be giving my CIEs this year May and I’m really really scared and nervous. It’s like I study every day and night but still feel like a complete idiot whenever I mess up one question . I know everything but due to time limitation and nervousness I always mess up on my practical exams ,please tell me how I can manage this and please give me tips,notes and sources on physics practicals as I have a phy practical annual exam tomorrow
    Thanks!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    can't help with physics, but doing past papers will help with applying the theory.
    Mark them yourself, being honest with marks (if I'm not sure I will mark down). read the examiners reports too, these help see where points can be gained or lost and how the candidates found it.

I only do Maths, so I'll do the past paper on my tablet, then I'll use split screen on my laptop. I'll have the mark scheme and examiners report up and look at both as I mark it.

ReputationRep:
    hey ! I am giving my cies too this may lol😂
    don't worry dude ( I know this is completely unacceptable) but as long as you try to manage , everything will fall in a pattern. literally whenever I try to make a study table, I fail badly but in the struggle to follow it ..a little bit of it always works.
    I don't know about the physics practical since we have ATPS in o levels but as long as you know your notes well nd have clear concepts ..You will be able to score well. once you are done with the notes, switch to past papers and dedicate one month to continuous practice . that's my sister's advice since she scored straight A*s in her o levels and now is in As level.

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuthieG101)
    can't help with physics, but doing past papers will help with applying the theory.
    Mark them yourself, being honest with marks (if I'm not sure I will mark down). read the examiners reports too, these help see where points can be gained or lost and how the candidates found it.

I only do Maths, so I'll do the past paper on my tablet, then I'll use split screen on my laptop. I'll have the mark scheme and examiners report up and look at both as I mark it.
    Yeah I do practice with past papers

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.