Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm desperately unhappy at uni. I HATE my course with a passion, I've given up on it and I'm failing (worst- I don't even have the motivation to care about bringing those grades up. My mentality is more 'let them kick me out'). I'm fed up of the constant headaches and breaking down into tears and something needs to change.

I just don't know who to turn to. I've considered my personal tutor but she's in charge of my modules and it feels like I'm sh*tting all over her work plus I think I sound like I'm just moaning. I'm unhappy yet have no action plan. So really I am just moaning.

I've tried talking to my parents but they're having none of it and just dismiss me. I don't know who else to try, or how to even get onto the topic or sound like I'm not a whiny little b*tch.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what it's called for uni, but do you have pastoral care?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    As above, I believe most if not all uni's these days have some kind of advice and well-being service where, among other things, you get counselling by a qualified psychotherapist. Which is who you need to speak with, if it's affecting you to this extent.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by PollyParrot23)
    I'm desperately unhappy at uni. I HATE my course with a passion, I've given up on it and I'm failing (worst- I don't even have the motivation to care about bringing those grades up. My mentality is more 'let them kick me out'. I'm fed up of the constant headaches and breaking down into tears and something needs to change.

I just don't know who to turn to. I've considered my personal tutor but she's in charge of my modules and it feels like I'm sh*tting all over her work plus I think I sound like I'm just moaning. I'm unhappy yet have no action plan. So really I am just moaning.

I've tried talking to my parents but they're having none of it and just dismiss me. I don't know who else to try, or how to even get onto the topic or sound like I'm not a whiny little b*tch.
    Your PT is there to help - don't feel like you're ******** on her course etc.

She can also signpost you to internal/third-party services that might help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PollyParrot23)
    I'm desperately unhappy at uni. I HATE my course with a passion, I've given up on it and I'm failing (worst- I don't even have the motivation to care about bringing those grades up. My mentality is more 'let them kick me out'). I'm fed up of the constant headaches and breaking down into tears and something needs to change.

I totally understand how you feel where nobody don’t understand how u feel and what u going through.

“I just don't know who to turn to. I've considered my personal tutor but she's in charge of my modules and it feels like I'm sh*tting all over her work.” I was in the same predicament earlier in the academic year I didn’t wanna speak to my PT because he the head department of my course and oh he don’t understand or cares when I met him and explain my situation he understood and gave me solutions and motivation to do the work and try see on brighter side to my problems and actually he one of coolest tutors u could meet he actually gives **** if u give **** and try.

I will give u four pieces of advice or suggestions however you want to take to it

1. As everybody said in this post thread speak to your personal tutor she/he ain’t all that bad as u think all they care about is that u willing to try even it means transferring to another uni. That goes to no2

2. I don’t know what your grades on your module is like but if u have high enough grades you can transfer to another uni but that all depends on the 1. course module in 2nd year if somewhat similar to what u study this year and you don’t need the basic then u can move on to 2nd year. 2. If some university does accept transfer students to the 2nd year but need to do your own research on that one.

3. Try and seek student wellbeing team ( I don’t know the exact name for these things.) in ur uni there here to listen and take note of the issues u have in uni and even can speaking to ur personal tutor on your behalf if it problematic.

4. This what I don’t get with parents why can’t let hey child be and experience the world they make mistakes and learn from for the future. Only you can make this decision meditate, examine all the options and getting to breaking point then drop out of uni then reapply for this year or when u feel much better and ready return to education. U need sit with parents and tell them how it you are adult in this world and will be treated like one. They may not like it but will respect you for it.

Sorry for this long essay but I hope I did help you in some way.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.