Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I drop out of University to join the Royal Navy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lengthy question but I would be grateful for some opinions on what to do.

I am currently in my second year of university studying in education, I felt somewhat forced into going to university because of my parents who wanted me to go to increase my chances of getting a job so I chose the first available course however I am not enjoying the course and this has been reflected in my grades over the past year as I have not been overly motivated to work on assignments . As well as this my financial situation is terrible I currently have to work two jobs just to cover my rent, and struggle to pay for basic amenities such as food, clothes etc. However, I have been offered a job with the Royal Navy as a Supply Chain Logistician with a start date in June this year.

What would you suggest stay with a course I cannot stand and likely will not get a job in or drop out of university to pursue a career in the Royal Navy?

ReputationRep:
    You've made up your mind already.

You wouldn't have gone through all the selection hoops for the RN if you weren't motivated for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hstewart16)
    Quite a lengthy question but I would be grateful for some opinions on what to do.

I am currently in my second year of university studying in education, I felt somewhat forced into going to university because of my parents who wanted me to go to increase my chances of getting a job so I chose the first available course however I am not enjoying the course and this has been reflected in my grades over the past year as I have not been overly motivated to work on assignments . As well as this my financial situation is terrible I currently have to work two jobs just to cover my rent, and struggle to pay for basic amenities such as food, clothes etc. However, I have been offered a job with the Royal Navy as a Supply Chain Logistician with a start date in June this year.

What would you suggest stay with a course I cannot stand and likely will not get a job in or drop out of university to pursue a career in the Royal Navy?
    Join the Royal Navy. Crack on with your career and pension time. Travel the world and gain qualifications even a degree if you want. Theres no point faffing about, just get on and join up.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.