Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I’m hoping someone maybe able to offer me a little advice.

I have various design qualifications including a HND and First Class BA Hons Degree in Visusl Communication.

I’ve worked as a designer for 10 years working with with a wide range of clients (both public and private sector) on a range of both print, web and digital platforms.

I’ve now reached a point in my career where I’m looking for something more rewarding and I feel I could bring so much to a teaching role.

My question is I don’t really know where to start! I’ve got a young family so I can’t afford to not earn a reliable income whilst studying for a PGCE...?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Kim x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by KimLW)
    Hi I’m hoping someone maybe able to offer me a little advice.

I have various design qualifications including a HND and First Class BA Hons Degree in Visusl Communication.

I’ve worked as a designer for 10 years working with with a wide range of clients (both public and private sector) on a range of both print, web and digital platforms.

I’ve now reached a point in my career where I’m looking for something more rewarding and I feel I could bring so much to a teaching role.

My question is I don’t really know where to start! I’ve got a young family so I can’t afford to not earn a reliable income whilst studying for a PGCE...?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Kim x
    You will need a teaching qualification but there are a lot of schemes through which you can work while you study such as Teach First. Have a look at this as a starting point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    You will need a teaching qualification but there are a lot of schemes through which you can work while you study such as Teach First. Have a look at this as a starting point.

Thank you so much I’ll take a look 😀

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.