Turn on thread page Beta

Subject requirement for Psychology watch

    • Thread Starter

    I want to know which subject and level do I have to take.
    I want to go Chicago uni to study Psychology so now I'm doing IB now.
    I take

    English b
    Math SL
    language a (my mother tongue)

    I want to take English A but I'm not sure I can do or not.
    I'm just wondering do I need to take English A?
    English B HL vs English A SL, what is better?

    This is a British forum. Not many people study IB or know the American education system. Speak to a careers advisor
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    I've requested this be moved to the Study in North America forum

    I would suggest checking the UChicago English language requirements, particularly if you're an international student. The SAT alone may suffice for this, or you may also need to take TOEFL/IELTS or similar. They may require you in addition to, and/or rather than, the previously mentioned tests, to specifically take English A (at any level) or either A or B to HL. If you can't find much, your best bet would be to contact their admissions team directly to check.

    However I believe either option for English will suffice, as long as you are studying it in some capacity. There are no subject requirements to study any specific major normally before matriculating normally, with the exception of some engineering schools which may require some specific background in calculus - so any choice is fine and yours seem perfectly suitable. However there may be specific requirements about your general high school subjects, so it may be worth checking this, however I am fairly certain IB with any typical 14-16 curriculum in most countries will satisfy them.

    As above though, most of the people on this forum are from the UK and/or applying to UK universities, so you may not be able to get too much specific advice on here. Like I said above though, usually the best way to find out these things is to just ask the university yourself directly! They're usually happy to answer any admissions queries you might have and are the ones who will know for certain what the case is
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.