Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could someone explain further what I can realistically expect from the Reserve list? Job or no job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justwanttoknow)
    Could someone explain further what I can realistically expect from the Reserve list? Job or no job?
    God knows lol been on reserve since aust 20177.for west yorkshire

ReputationRep:
    Hey justwanttoknow I'm confused to! I interviewed in Glasgow and at the end of the interview I was told that all interviewees would either get notice that they weren't successful or have gone on a reserve list, not placed in a job. The job ad stated 39 jobs! I was placed on the reserve list and I'm still waiting...

I didn't even know jobs were allowed to be advertised if the position wasn't available!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turboc)
    Hey justwanttoknow I'm confused to! I interviewed in Glasgow and at the end of the interview I was told that all interviewees would either get notice that they weren't successful or have gone on a reserve list, not placed in a job. The job ad stated 39 jobs! I was placed on the reserve list and I'm still waiting...

I didn't even know jobs were allowed to be advertised if the position wasn't available!
    Yep just the way they recruit been on reserve list 1yr in July lost hope now looking for other jobs

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a common problem, the recruitment policy is clearly flawed and outdated. I started the process in December 2017 and was told i met the stand in Aoril 2018. I have enquired on several occasions as to when i can expect a posting and the answer has been

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L19BBS)
    I think this is a common problem, the recruitment policy is clearly flawed and outdated. I started the process in December 2017 and was told i met the stand in Aoril 2018. I have enquired on several occasions as to when i can expect a posting and the answer has been
    I called yesterday to be told reserve ends end of july and will get an email and that they have not been looking at the reserve list so not job for me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.