Turn on thread page Beta

I am 24 and I have heamoriod, I went to doctor and they said I can have an operation. Ive had it since 19. I have not told my mum as she has them aswell due to child birth. I am too embarassed to tell her and the operation is next month. I went doctors about this and been planning my operation.She is very judgemental about this issue and gets surprised if someone my age has this.

I didn't even tell my sister and I have to tell someone because you need next of kin with you as they put you to sleep. The reason I'm removing it is because when I was with my boyfriend I was embarassed to be intimate incase he sees and this condition is very painful. I am just worried about horror stories that I will make the problem worse. I have alot of stress and that's why I have it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Good luck.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am 24 and I have heamoriod, I went to doctor and they said I can have an operation. Ive had it since 19. I have not told my mum as she has them aswell due to child birth. I am too embarassed to tell her and the operation is next month. I went doctors about this and been planning my operation.She is very judgemental about this issue and gets surprised if someone my age has this.

I didn't even tell my sister and I have to tell someone because you need next of kin with you as they put you to sleep. The reason I'm removing it is because when I was with my boyfriend I was embarassed to be intimate incase he sees and this condition is very painful. I am just worried about horror stories that I will make the problem worse. I have alot of stress and that's why I have it.
    At the end of the day is a thing that happens and they'll just have to suck it up if you tell them cos you've got it and you're having the op so that's that.
    I don't belive it will need to be a family member you take with you though and I belive they only need to be there to pick you up. That was the case with my surgeries at least. Bf came with me cos he's the person I'm most comfortable around, he did stay there the whole time, but he was only needed when it came to leaving so I had a responsible adult with me to help me home.
    Could be worth calling up where you're having it done to double check that.

Honestly though family tend to be more understanding when it's one of their own. You'll probably find they aren't as judgemental when it comes to you. You might like the option of them not being there the whole time or having somebody else there, but I would still tell them.

Good luck

(Original post by Kindred)
    At the end of the day is a thing that happens and they'll just have to suck it up if you tell them cos you've got it and you're having the op so that's that.
    I don't belive it will need to be a family member you take with you though and I belive they only need to be there to pick you up. That was the case with my surgeries at least. Bf came with me cos he's the person I'm most comfortable around, he did stay there the whole time, but he was only needed when it came to leaving so I had a responsible adult with me to help me home.
    Could be worth calling up where you're having it done to double check that.

Honestly though family tend to be more understanding when it's one of their own. You'll probably find they aren't as judgemental when it comes to you. You might like the option of them not being there the whole time or having somebody else there, but I would still tell them.

Good luck
    did it get resolved after your operation? my mum has been complaining about hers for ages. she will be surprised I never mentioned it as I am usually close to her. they said I will need help from my family and take couple days of work that's why thought I better tell them
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    did it get resolved after your operation? my mum has been complaining about hers for ages. she will be surprised I never mentioned it as I am usually close to her. they said I will need help from my family and take couple days of work that's why thought I better tell them
    My surgeries were for other things, but from what I know it is usually effective.
    I think it would be understandable that you haven't told her yet cos it is quite a personal topic even for close people.

My surgeries were for other things, but from what I know it is usually effective.
    I think it would be understandable that you haven't told her yet cos it is quite a personal topic even for close people.
    I'm thinking of cancelling it until the end of the year so I fell more ready to tell as there can be complications
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'm thinking of cancelling it until the end of the year so I fell more ready to tell as there can be complications
    If that's what you feel like you should do that's fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.