Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am from Bangladesh,I am 18. I was a good student with good grades until Olevels ,Then everything changed after As. I have physics, chemistry and maths in As. I got ADE in the first year of As.So I retake As and got the same result exactly with a little improved marks, I had already made my family suffered financially,so I thought I would give my A2. I got my A2 result today I got DEU,I still have two more units to give this year. I was supposed to get admitted to a university by the end of 2018.But after this result I don't think I would be able to get admitted to a good uni, I am frustrated, I don't know what should I do,how to proceed in life as I didn't get expected results even after putting efforts .Can please anyone help and suggest about what I do????
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Trapped*-*)
    I am from Bangladesh,I am 18. I was a good student with good grades until Olevels ,Then everything changed after As. I have physics, chemistry and maths in As. I got ADE in the first year of As.So I retake As and got the same result exactly with a little improved marks, I had already made my family suffered financially,so I thought I would give my A2. I got my A2 result today I got DEU,I still have two more units to give this year. I was supposed to get admitted to a university by the end of 2018.But after this result I don't think I would be able to get admitted to a good uni, I am frustrated, I don't know what should I do,how to proceed in life as I didn't get expected results even after putting efforts .Can please anyone help and suggest about what I do????
    Find out what went wrong.

1. You either didnt master the core material i.e you didnt understand your subject. Could be intelligence or could be not working hard enough.

2. Alternatively your exam technique was poor i.e you didnt understand what the examiners were looking for within the time given.

Things are not looking good as you have gone backwards in A2.
    If I was in your position then tell your parents you got it wrong and you are really disappointed, but you have a plan. You need to dramatically improve 1 and 2.

i) Resit the A2 for the subject you go the A in and get an A, which would give you 1 A grade A level.

ii)Get a job so you pay for yourself.

iii) Resit the other two exams or if worried, then find new subjects as the nes you chose may be ones you arent suited to. This could take 2 years.

iv) Reapply to uni when you have three good A levels.

Resitting isnt the end of the world. I appreciate you may be distraught but you have a way back and you can still go to uni, its just a delay and you need to be smart in figuring a way back. Sometimes we hit setbacks , but dont give up.

Thats how I would resolve it.

ReputationRep:
    perhaps just accept a place at a medium quality university ? once you have a degree your career will develop.

ReputationRep:
    i'm guessing you have the edexcel IAL for maths at least i also got very bad results and i have promised myself that i will not get distracted anymore. i will resit the exams in may and june meaning i would have to do 13 exams in total. say good bye to your free time, resits are gonna be easier this time around since you know what you did wrong so you would just have to focus on those particular topics and then pastpaper practice. Go straight into past paper practice after skimming over the topics you found you couldn't do in the exam. Then go into full pastpapers practice from then on, time yourself through out the paper and do every paper in exam conditions, mark harshly and go to topics you didn't do well on that pastpaper, keep repeating the papers until you get 100%.
    you have more than half of march and then full of april and maybe 1 or 2 weeks of may. plenty of time if you focus EVERYDAY. Its gonna take you at least more than 5/6 hours a day of studying take 15 min breaks after every 1.5 hour, and in those breaks you could go fill your bottle up/look outside the window but dont go on social media or youtube as you will find yourself trapped into a blackhole and not get out. maybe do pushups.
    Start on focusing on the subjects you got E and U first so you got that out of the way. If i were you might as well repeat the DE of first year and repeat all A2. You still have a chance of improvement and still have a chance to go to a good university. The time frame of improvement is short but its a chance nonetheless so take it and dont back down without a fight. This is your last chance of success for your A-levels dont blow this off, do it now.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much,but I am confused about one thing,that is my As score is not good so if I resit for A2 again will it be helpful , moreover I have already retake As once

ReputationRep:
    you can take as many retakes as you want. usually A2 hold more value to overall grades but they are harder exams, if you resit AS and get good ums marks on them it would be less stress on A2 marks. Btw what is the university requirement you are applying for?
    Thank you so much,but I am confused about one thing,that is my As score is not good so if I resit for A2 again will it be helpful , moreover I have already retake As once

ReputationRep:
    Minimum GPA of 3.50 in SSC/equivalent and HSC/equivalent separately (including additional subject).

Minimum GPA of 2.5 in O-Levels in five subjects and A Levels in two subjects according to BRAC University scale (A=5, B=4, C=3 and D=2). Subjects with E Grade will not be considered.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Trapped*-*;76583704]Minimum GPA of 3.50 in SSC/equivalent and HSC/equivalent separately (including additional subject).

Minimum GPA of 2.5 in O-Levels in five subjects and A Levels in two subjects according to BRAC University scale (A=5, B=4, C=3 and D=2). Subjects with E Grade will not be considered.
    I needed some suggestions about doing major in University.I like maths and chemistry and I am not good at physics,so if I study on maths and chemistry,what should I study in uni? Please give some advice... thank you so much in advance

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.