The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Paper 1 7407/1 - 15 May 2018 [Exam Discussion]

This poll is closed

How did you find AQA AS Physics Paper 1?

Amazing! :woo: 7%
Good :H 9%
Okay :bebored: 26%
Bad :cry2: 35%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@24%
Total votes: 136

AQA AS Physics Exam Discussions - 2018 Edition

Hey guys! Thought I'd make this niiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Physics exams this year?

Paper 1
Date: Tuesday 15th May 2018
Time: Morning
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Days to go?: It's done! :woohoo:

The specification can be found here. Past papers can be found here.

A very useful resource for Physics exam preparation is Physics and Maths Tutor. A link to their AS Physics resources is here.

Another great website is Antonine Education. Here's where to find their AS Physics notes.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence :afraid:

Other AQA Physics Exams:
AQA AS Physics Paper 2

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1
AQA A Level Physics Paper 2
AQA A Level Physics Paper 3
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm here!!
I need the 2017 papers if anyone has got them
Reply 3
Original post by trapsta123
I need the 2017 papers if anyone has got them

i reckon they're still locked but if you ask your teachers, they might give them to you, provided they don't plan to use it for a mock
Original post by Protostar

AQA AS Physics Exam Discussions - 2018 Edition

Hey guys! Thought I'd make this niiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Physics exams this year?

Paper 1
Date: Tuesday 15th May 2018
Time: Morning
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Days to go?: 68

The specification can be found here. Past papers can be found here.

A very useful resource for Physics exam preparation is Physics and Maths Tutor. A link to their AS Physics resources is here.

Another great website is Antonine Education. Here's where to find their AS Physics notes.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence :afraid:

Other AQA Physics Exams:
AQA AS Physics Paper 2

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1
AQA A Level Physics Paper 2
AQA A Level Physics Paper 3

I'm soooooooooo screwed for this. PHYSICS IS SO HARD!!!!
Original post by kishxx01
I'm soooooooooo screwed for this. PHYSICS IS SO HARD!!!!

Physics is hard :sadnod: but you’ve got this! Anything in particular you’re struggling with?
Physics is hard :sadnod: but you’ve got this! Anything in particular you’re struggling with?

The only reason I'm worried is because basically I wasn't planning on doing an AS in physics (as AS levels are no longer taken), however I am dropping it next yr so wanted to take one.

I only just decided to do it so that leaves me with only 3 weeks to revise!

I'm struggling quite a bit with waves- especially young double slit interference and diffraction.
How’s everyone revising for physics?
What is everyone getting for 2017 mock AS papers?
Reply 9
I'm scared :frown:
Original post by Quizlet
I'm scared :frown:

Scared puts how im feeling a nice way

I hate waves. I hate waves.
Original post by Quizlet

SAME!!!! It's sooooo confusing
Original post by Quizlet

Everyone (including me!) hates waves. If you break up the topic into smaller chunks it becomes easier to tackle, but it's still tough. Luckily in exams a lot of the questions are just "calculate this" instead of "why does this happen", which they do still ask but from what I've found not as much.

Good luck though, you've got this :rave:
Everyone (including me!) hates waves. If you break up the topic into smaller chunks it becomes easier to tackle, but it's still tough. Luckily in exams a lot of the questions are just "calculate this" instead of "why does this happen", which they do still ask but from what I've found not as much.

Good luck though, you've got this :rave:

Idk, I've been getting A's in all the papers (specimen set 1, 2), 2016, 2017 new spec papers, and never gotten below an A, but I'm scared I will this time :frown:. (The 2017 AS paper was horrendous but managed to scrape a mid 50's/70 mark :biggrin:).

I don't think I really need to do much revision tbh. I feel like I'm relaxing way too much right now but thinking back to my grades, I think it's fine to relax.
Original post by Quizlet
Idk, I've been getting A's in all the papers (specimen set 1, 2), 2016, 2017 new spec papers, and never gotten below an A, but I'm scared I will this time :frown:. (The 2017 AS paper was horrendous but managed to scrape a mid 50's/70 mark :biggrin:).

I don't think I really need to do much revision tbh. I feel like I'm relaxing way too much right now but thinking back to my grades, I think it's fine to relax.

Yep 2017 paper was hard!
Original post by FuryBall
What is everyone getting for 2017 mock AS papers?

Do you have the 2017 papers on you? If you do do you mind sending me a copy so I can practice? That'd be really great.
Original post by Radioactivedecay
Do you have the 2017 papers on you? If you do do you mind sending me a copy so I can practice? That'd be really great.

1. No.

2. They will release on AQA's site around 10-15th of May, you can wait until then.
Original post by kishxx01
The only reason I'm worried is because basically I wasn't planning on doing an AS in physics (as AS levels are no longer taken), however I am dropping it next yr so wanted to take one.

I only just decided to do it so that leaves me with only 3 weeks to revise!

I'm struggling quite a bit with waves- especially young double slit interference and diffraction.

Me too. I only decided to do this exam a few weeks ago and now I’m struggling so much. Especially with waves and electricity
Everyone ready?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending