The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Paper 1 7407/1 - 15 May 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know how the topics are split up between the two papers?
Or is it just random/all on both?
Original post by 1337Trek

Random, I think.
Original post by 1337Trek

235EAAC6-8827-4E3E-9C81-62909B9AEBD4.jpg.jpeg

Sections 1-5 are:
1 Measurements and their errors
2 Particles and radiation
3 Waves
4 Mechanics and materials
5 Electricity
Honestly I'm feeling ready for paper 1. Just path difference gets me and specific charge for some reason XD I understand it but always calculate it wrong because I put brackets in wrong places XD Advise wise remember to always look for conversions because they trip up a lot of people. Also write down everything the question gives you inc what it is and units e.g mass-5kg then figure out the formulas you need to use based on what you have and what you need.
The topics are split between the two papers but paper 2 has multiple choice and practical type questions. Also what is on paper one will not appear on paper two. So once paper 1 is done revise all the topics that were not assessed on it for paper two.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kyliemcdonald
No. I still cannot do mechanics or uncertainties

https://quizlet.com/_4vdp91
Here are some flashcards on uncertainties and other practical skills
Original post by Origamarose
The topics are split between the two papers but paper 2 has multiple choice and practical type questions. Also what is on paper one will not appear on paper two. So once paper 1 is done revise all the topics that were not assessed on it for paper two.

Really? I was under the impression that even if a topic appears in Paper 1, it can very well still appear on Paper 2. :confused:
Reply 47
Any prediction for what topics might come up tomorrow?
predictions are stupid, imo anyway
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 49
6-marker on the derivation of the fringe width formula anyone???
Original post by Razz13
6-marker on the derivation of the fringe width formula anyone???

Thats not on the spec.

Derivation of diffraction rating formula is though.
How do you know what the uncertainty of a value is. For example if it’s 3.20 mV what is it’s absolute uncertainty?
Reply 52
Original post by Radioactivedecay
Do you have the 2017 papers on you? If you do do you mind sending me a copy so I can practice? That'd be really great.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/exams-guidance/find-past-papers-and-mark-schemes just change filters and you can get June 2017
Reply 53
How do you know what the uncertainty of a value is. For example if it’s 3.20 mV what is it’s absolute uncertainty?

your measurement=(3.20mV)
your absolute uncertainty (of equipment)= +- 0.01mV (as it is giving a value to a precision of 2d.p)
% uncertainty= (absolute uncertainty/ your measurement) x 100
> (+-0.01/3.20) x 100= 0.3125
but since the absolute uncertainty has a precision of 2d.p the % uncertainty will also be to 2d.p of 0.31
>% uncertainty= 0.31
Original post by saj9122
your measurement=(3.20mV)
your absolute uncertainty (of equipment)= +- 0.01mV (as it is giving a value to a precision of 2d.p)
% uncertainty= (absolute uncertainty/ your measurement) x 100
> (+-0.01/3.20) x 100= 0.3125
but since the absolute uncertainty has a precision of 2d.p the % uncertainty will also be to 2d.p of 0.31
>% uncertainty= 0.31

Thank you so much.
Reply 55
Thank you so much.

np :smile:
How did everyone find it? I thought it was the vilest, most disgusting paper I've ever done.
I felt so ****ing abused by that paper. ive honestly never failed anything so badly.
Reply 58
I definitely failed that 😭😭
Awful paper! What even were those questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending