Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I am currently talking the OCR A chemistry A level paper this year privately but unfortunately I have access to very limitted resources on the new linear exam questions. As far as I know, there is only the sample papers out. Does anyone have the question paper for the 2017 paper and if not anything useful, if so please would you be so kind as pm or link it to me.

Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Physicsandmathstutor has a load of topic specific exam q's that are very useful, also pastpapers.org has a load of papers, while they are old spec they will be mostly the same type of q's you'll get in the new a level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joemassey1)
    Hi

Physicsandmathstutor has a load of topic specific exam q's that are very useful, also pastpapers.org has a load of papers, while they are old spec they will be mostly the same type of q's you'll get in the new a level
    Yes, I am aware of this. However, I don’t know it if is just me but I find the new style question to be much more difficult. In terms of the phrasing of the questions and it requires more application (especially the organic and unified paper, not so much the physical paper) from my opinion.

I have been doing relatively well in older past papers but I found the sample paper for organic and unified quite significantly more difficult. I am thinking whether I should use practise papers of OCR B A level to practise organic chemistry. I have heard it is more application based. Have you noticed this in the sample paper also?

ReputationRep:
    the specimen papers are designed to be very difficult, this will not be reflected in the exam probably, they purposely make the specimen papers a lot harder, I've done some before with q's not even on the specification, imo the best bet is to keep doing the older papers as the q's are still repeated

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 8, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.