Turn on thread page Beta

AQA AS Physics Paper 2 7407/2 - 18 May 2018 [Exam Discussion] watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the 2018 AQA AS Physics Paper 2 exam?
    Amazing! :woo:
    8.96%
    Good
    11.94%
    Okay :bebored:
    23.88%
    Bad :cry2:
    17.16%
    HORRIBLE PAPER!!
    38.06%

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

AQA AS Physics Exam Discussions - 2018 Edition

Hey guys! Thought I'd make this niiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Physics exams this year?

Paper 2
    Date: Friday 18th May 2018
    Time: Morning
    Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
    Days to go?: 1 :crazy:

The specification can be found here. Past papers can be found here.

A very useful resource for Physics exam preparation is Physics and Maths Tutor. A link to their AS Physics resources is here.

Another great website is Antonine Education. Here's where to find their AS Physics notes.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence

Other AQA Physics Exams:
    AQA AS Physics Paper 1

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1
    AQA A Level Physics Paper 2
    AQA A Level Physics Paper 3

ReputationRep:
    I'm here!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I am just hoping this won't be as hard as today's paper lol

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for the ice cube and volumn of iron question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protostar)

AQA AS Physics Exam Discussions - 2018 Edition

Hey guys! Thought I'd make this niiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Physics exams this year?

Paper 2
    Date: Friday 18th May 2018
    Time: Morning
    Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
    Days to go?: 71

The specification can be found here. Past papers can be found here.

A very useful resource for Physics exam preparation is Physics and Maths Tutor. A link to their AS Physics resources is here.

Another great website is Antonine Education. Here's where to find their AS Physics notes.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence

Other AQA Physics Exams:
    AQA AS Physics Paper 1

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1
    AQA A Level Physics Paper 2
    AQA A Level Physics Paper 3
    Paper 1 was really hard!

Unnoficial mark scheme for paper 1

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5367776

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PPun)
    what did you guys get for the ice cube and volumn of iron question??
    Look at the mark scheme I made

ReputationRep:
    Everyone ready for Paper 2? :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Any revision worksheets apart from physics and maths tutor papers?

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think will come up? Surely they have to include big topics which they didn't include in paper 1, things such as potential dividers, resistivity, some projectile motion, hookes law?? Maybe some more on waves/stationary waves ?? I hate doing the practical questions so I'm worried what will come up !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emillehopkins)
    What does everyone think will come up? Surely they have to include big topics which they didn't include in paper 1, things such as potential dividers, resistivity, some projectile motion, hookes law?? Maybe some more on waves/stationary waves ?? I hate doing the practical questions so I'm worried what will come up !!
    Same... They're disgusting...

ReputationRep:
    I think internal resistance/emf won’t come up because that came up last year or 2016 for the practical

ReputationRep:
    I’m focusing on multiple choice getting them done first to try and secure 30 marks I don’t want to run out of time and lose easier marks

ReputationRep:
    how to revise uncertainty?

Tanks

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do you think you have to get in each paper to get a B overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaomiWilso)
    I think internal resistance/emf won’t come up because that came up last year or 2016 for the practical
    (Original post by NaomiWilso)
    I’m focusing on multiple choice getting them done first to try and secure 30 marks I don’t want to run out of time and lose easier marks
    Let's not try and predict. People tend to revise stuff that they think will come up instead of the things they're weak at.
    Leave the MCQs till last. If you feel it's good to, leave at least 40 minutes to do them but don't do them first. You'll waste your time plus they're for guessing if you run out of time. You can randomly put down an answer to an MCQ and still have a 25% chance of getting it right but you can't just make up something for the written qs.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I know the content but idk why when I get to the exam I can't apply my knowledge??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donkey.kong)
    I feel like I know the content but idk why when I get to the exam I can't apply my knowledge??
    SAME i keep making stupid mistakes or not understand what I need to actually do for a question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studnet)
    SAME i keep making stupid mistakes or not understand what I need to actually do for a question
    Im exactly the same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studnet)
    Im so stressed but i feel like doing more revision at this point is just useless bc if im not going to understand a question, then thats just it ygm? I only feel this way about physics as well. None of my other subjects are this inconsistent with question difficulty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donkey.kong)
    Im so stressed but i feel like doing more revision at this point is just useless bc if im not going to understand a question, then thats just it ygm? I only feel this way about physics as well. None of my other subjects are this inconsistent with question difficulty
    I feel exactly the same way, I'm just gonna try and binge watch all 'A Level Physics Online' videos before the exam

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.