Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A Level Physics Paper 3 7408/3 - 14 June 2018 [Exam Discussion] watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How did you find AQA A Level Physics Paper 3?
    Amazing! :woo:
    3.64%
    Good
    15.18%
    Okay :bebored:
    27.98%
    Bad :cry2:
    25.09%
    HORRIBLE PAPER!!
    28.11%

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    AQA A Level Physics Exam Discussions - 2018 Edition

Hey guys! Thought I'd make this niiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Physics exams this year?

Paper 3
    Date: Thursday 14th June 2018
    Time: Morning
    Duration: 2 hours
    Days to go?: 3 :crazy:

The specification can be found here. Past papers can be found here.

A very useful resource for Physics exam preparation is Physics and Maths Tutor. A link to their A Level Physics resources is here.

Another great website is Antonine Education. Here's where to find their A Level Physics notes.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence

Other AQA Physics Exams:
    AQA AS Physics Paper 1
    AQA AS Physics Paper 2

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1
    AQA A Level Physics Paper 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protostar)

AQA A Level Physics Exam Discussions - 2018 Edition

Hey guys! Thought I'd make this niiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Physics exams this year?

Paper 3
    Date: Thursday 14th June 2018
    Time: Morning
    Duration: 2 hours
    Days to go?: 98

The specification can be found here. Past papers can be found here.

A very useful resource for Physics exam preparation is Physics and Maths Tutor. A link to their A Level Physics resources is here.

Another great website is Antonine Education. Here's where to find their A Level Physics notes.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence

Other AQA Physics Exams:
    AQA AS Physics Paper 1
    AQA AS Physics Paper 2

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1
    AQA A Level Physics Paper 2
    So scared about this paper; the 2017 one was literally impossible(did it a few weeks ago in class)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by yusyus)
    So scared about this paper; the 2017 one was literally impossible(did it a few weeks ago in class)
    :afraid: I haven’t even thought about this paper yet, I’m so terrible at practical skills and we’ve only just started our option so I’m not sure what to make of it yet :erm: Which option are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protostar)
    :afraid: I haven’t even thought about this paper yet, I’m so terrible at practical skills and we’ve only just started our option so I’m not sure what to make of it yet :erm: Which option are you doing?
    im doing engineering which I really like its part A of paper 3 that is a killer 27/45 for an A* last year and 22 for an A.
    What option are you doing?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by yusyus)
    im doing engineering which I really like its part A of paper 3 that is a killer 27/45 for an A* last year and 22 for an A.
    What option are you doing?
    Ooh nice one! But daaaamn those boundaries are low definitely gonna need to sharpen up! I’m doing Turning Points, which so far is okay, so hopefully section B will be a bit better

ReputationRep:
    we are doing astro which is really nice and interesting but im dreading the practical skills part 😬
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Medical Physics (Option B). I'm the only one doing it at my school because Im studying biomedical science at university and I don't really enjoy astrophysics. I'm so worried about what they could possibly ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan CS)
    Anyone doing Medical Physics (Option B). I'm the only one doing it at my school because Im studying biomedical science at university and I don't really enjoy astrophysics. I'm so worried about what they could possibly ask!
    Hi, yeah I am& that's the one everyone in my class is doing! We literally just finished being taught it today. Its grade boundaries were lower than any of the other optional modules last year so I guess that means it was pretty tough...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iStudent26)
    Hi, yeah I am& that's the one everyone in my class is doing! We literally just finished being taught it today. Its grade boundaries were lower than any of the other optional modules last year so I guess that means it was pretty tough...
    I'm ok on certain parts as I have done A level biology and there are quite a few links between them but I'm worried about how hard the parts on Xrays and Radionuclides might be

ReputationRep:
    I'm ok on certain parts as I have done A level biology and there are quite a few links between them but I'm worried about how hard the parts on Xrays and Radionuclides might be
    That's good there are some overlaps if you're teaching yourself! We have a Medical Physics test after Easter (I think last years paper) so I'll let you know what I think as we weren't really doing any calculations or exam questions as we went along...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iStudent26)
    I am doing medical 2!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello Medical Physicists ! Was wondering what resources you guys are using for prep?

ReputationRep:
    for the molyb tech generator do we need to know about how the molybdenum is formed... is says basic use so are we required to know about elution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angels1234)
    for the molyb tech generator do we need to know about how the molybdenum is formed... is says basic use so are we required to know about elution?
    I thought its just how Tc-99m is formed? Because the Molybdenum is the substance used to make Technetium. So I'm guessing we have to know how Mo-99 goes to Tc-99 and then to Tc-99m (or the other way round. I can't remember which one has the longest halflife)

ReputationRep:
    I thought its just how Tc-99m is formed? Because the Molybdenum is the substance used to make Technetium. So I'm guessing we have to know how Mo-99 goes to Tc-99 and then to Tc-99m (or the other way round. I can't remember which one has the longest halflife)
    Other way round yes .

ReputationRep:
    The meta stable has a half life of 6 hours and the regular tech has a half life of 2.1x10^5 years :P

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we need to know the basic use of it so I assumed it’s a simple method eg using saline to flush ammonium molydenate and then collecting tech 99m from there ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angels1234)
    Other way round yes .
    I thought it would be. Because Tc-99m has a half life of 6.01 hours

ReputationRep:
    Just did our mocks the past few weeks and we did all 3 papers from last year for A level Physics. It was quite hard but still doable- managed to get an A* in the end xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymouspsych)
    Just did our mocks the past few weeks and we did all 3 papers from last year for A level Physics. It was quite hard but still doable- managed to get an A* in the end xD
    That’s fantastic ! Well done to you mate what option are you doing ?

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.