Turn on thread page Beta

As a short person do you sometimes feel like people treat you differently because they think you're not capable of understanding everything or they see you as too innocent to understand certain things?

ReputationRep:
    As a fellow shortie, you just gotta make sure you believe in yourself and people will hear you.

A couple of guys I know are the top dogs at big firms and they are both 5ft. Believe in yourself and others will too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As a short person do you sometimes feel like people treat you differently because they think you're not capable of understanding everything or they see you as too innocent to understand certain things?
    Are you a short female?

I suppose some women I know have said they feel men can sometimes infantilise them and I suppose if you are a short female that is more likely?!

Yeah I'm a 5 ft 1 female

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, being short and petite makes me look younger than I am so people treat me like a kid

ReputationRep:
    I get called "kiddo" and "little" by people that are younger than me. I'm used to it so it doesn't annoy me that much but are the comments really necessary?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

When I did NCS I had people younger than me constantly asking if I knew what was going on and if I understood everything. I kept saying yes and even then they wouldn't stop and kept giving me a hard time and treating me differently. It was such a patronizing experience.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm about 5"4 and I've never had that, personally. I'm pretty much the shortest out of all my friends but height's never been an insecurity of mine. I don't really have any advice so apologies for that, but I guess you could start looking for friends your own height?

ReputationRep:
    For me, for the past few years, I could use my height as an advantage, and pretend that I didn't know the way to a classroom, and get to go the short way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDOZ)
    For me, for the past few years, I could use my height as an advantage, and pretend that I didn't know the way to a classroom, and get to go the short way
    https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/51027069.jpg

ReputationRep:
    A girl can be 4ft 10 and it wont make a single difference obivously being cute helps a lot! . Honestly guys dont give a ****. Being too tall a female is more a hindrance t the average guy. I am talking about women who are 6'2+

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.