Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey Guys, I was just writing about a recent experience I had with visual studios... I applied to be a model, I was shortlisted and invited for photoshoot. Its was £50 deposit but as they say they cover the cost of photoshoot I didn't mind paying as refundable. The day was about 4 hours I had hair, make-up and fashion guide. Really nice staff made me feel good about myself. I was surprised when they told me I was successful as I felt a little bit anxious as I'm not 100% confident like I used to be but I was over the moon! I was offered a portfolio for really cheap £299 and I could pay on interest free finance !!! (My last model portfolio 6 years ago cost my mum £1500 for a very similar package with a different comampy when I was younger nothing come of it as I was at school and didn't want to carry on as I had GCSE'S)
    I have now paid for my portfolio and heard from 7 different agencies who work along side of visual studios asking to take me on looking for paid work.... Im so excited I have just been put forward for a TV advert and a fashion magazine... Eeekkk. Will update if I get paid work
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.