Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys, I was just writing about a recent experience I had with visual studios... I applied to be a model, I was shortlisted and invited for photoshoot. Its was £50 deposit but as they say they cover the cost of photoshoot I didn't mind paying as refundable. The day was about 4 hours I had hair, make-up and fashion guide. Really nice staff made me feel good about myself. I was surprised when they told me I was successful as I felt a little bit anxious as I'm not 100% confident like I used to be but I was over the moon! I was offered a portfolio for really cheap £299 and I could pay on interest free finance !!! (My last model portfolio 6 years ago cost my mum £1500 for a very similar package with a different comampy when I was younger nothing come of it as I was at school and didn't want to carry on as I had GCSE'S)
    I have now paid for my portfolio and heard from 7 different agencies who work along side of visual studios asking to take me on looking for paid work.... Im so excited I have just been put forward for a TV advert and a fashion magazine... Eeekkk. Will update if I get paid work

ReputationRep:
    Is this real or a scam???

ReputationRep:
    It’s a scam!

ReputationRep:
    Its a big big scam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoannaJane22)
    Hey Guys, I was just writing about a recent experience I had with visual studios... I applied to be a model, I was shortlisted and invited for photoshoot. Its was £50 deposit but as they say they cover the cost of photoshoot I didn't mind paying as refundable. The day was about 4 hours I had hair, make-up and fashion guide. Really nice staff made me feel good about myself. I was surprised when they told me I was successful as I felt a little bit anxious as I'm not 100% confident like I used to be but I was over the moon! I was offered a portfolio for really cheap £299 and I could pay on interest free finance !!! (My last model portfolio 6 years ago cost my mum £1500 for a very similar package with a different comampy when I was younger nothing come of it as I was at school and didn't want to carry on as I had GCSE'S)
    I have now paid for my portfolio and heard from 7 different agencies who work along side of visual studios asking to take me on looking for paid work.... Im so excited I have just been put forward for a TV advert and a fashion magazine... Eeekkk. Will update if I get paid work
    Hey are you still having a good experience with them and what agencies contacted you? I’ve recently just signed up with visual studios and I’ve seen comments on them being a scam so thought I’d ask you? x

ReputationRep:
    I’d of kind of like to know the same

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a modelling job with Vogue... still haven't heard back. I know they will contact me soon though

ReputationRep:
    I’m in exactly the same boat as you. I’ve just signed up through the model factory and I’m really nervous about it being a scam. Have you got an update on anything please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amzadams_)
    Hey are you still having a good experience with them and what agencies contacted you? I’ve recently just signed up with visual studios and I’ve seen comments on them being a scam so thought I’d ask you? x
    Have you had any response? Was is worth while

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

yeah i applied for a modelling job for vogue and im soo excited, eeek, ill update you guys soon xoxoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgie-1995)
    Hello yes after my shoot I have been contacted by agencies and casting agencies so at the moment it looks all good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgie-1995)
    (Original post by Amzadams_)
    Hello yes after my shoot I have been contacted by agencies and casting agencies so at the moment it looks all good?
    I’ve now been to London to meet an agency face to face (how your meant to do it as over the phone is not professional and more of a scam) and I signed to the agency just at the weekend and I’ll you know more soon on if it’s worth it but so far I’m happy

ReputationRep:
    hey ive now got a extra job in corrie Manchester ... so excited

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.