The Student Room Group

Visual Studios Photoshoot Modelling

Hey Guys, I was just writing about a recent experience I had with visual studios... I applied to be a model, I was shortlisted and invited for photoshoot. Its was £50 deposit but as they say they cover the cost of photoshoot I didn't mind paying as refundable. The day was about 4 hours I had hair, make-up and fashion guide. Really nice staff made me feel good about myself. I was surprised when they told me I was successful as I felt a little bit anxious as I'm not 100% confident like I used to be but I was over the moon! I was offered a portfolio for really cheap £299 and I could pay on interest free finance !!! (My last model portfolio 6 years ago cost my mum £1500 for a very similar package with a different comampy when I was younger nothing come of it as I was at school and didn't want to carry on as I had GCSE'S)
I have now paid for my portfolio and heard from 7 different agencies who work along side of visual studios asking to take me on looking for paid work.... Im so excited I have just been put forward for a TV advert and a fashion magazine... Eeekkk. Will update if I get paid work :smile:

Scroll to see replies

are Visual Studios legit? their tactics seem to fit all the signs of 'scammers'
Original post by JoannaJane22
Hey Guys, I was just writing about a recent experience I had with visual studios... I applied to be a model, I was shortlisted and invited for photoshoot. Its was £50 deposit but as they say they cover the cost of photoshoot I didn't mind paying as refundable. The day was about 4 hours I had hair, make-up and fashion guide. Really nice staff made me feel good about myself. I was surprised when they told me I was successful as I felt a little bit anxious as I'm not 100% confident like I used to be but I was over the moon! I was offered a portfolio for really cheap £299 and I could pay on interest free finance !!! (My last model portfolio 6 years ago cost my mum £1500 for a very similar package with a different comampy when I was younger nothing come of it as I was at school and didn't want to carry on as I had GCSE'S)
I have now paid for my portfolio and heard from 7 different agencies who work along side of visual studios asking to take me on looking for paid work.... Im so excited I have just been put forward for a TV advert and a fashion magazine... Eeekkk. Will update if I get paid work

have you had any luck with the offers? are Visual Studios legit? their tactics seem to fit all the signs of 'scammers'
I am hopeful after your thread! I have read so many blogs on scammers which sounded similar to Visual Studios....but so far they have been positive for me. I haven't finished registering with agencies yet as I am taking my time about the finances. But they provided the photos on a disc for me and I have everything I need to apply for jobs. They have been in touch via email and even called to ensure I do not rush into signing up with agencies before considering the costs for each one vs what I wanted to do. Fingers crossed and bests of luck to you.
Likely a scammer post, don't fall for it.
Original post by random_matt
Likely a scammer post, don't fall for it.

Really? Jesus there is no hope for anyone in this world if everyone is a scammer! Best to get off this forum too!
Is this real or a scam???
Reply 7
Visual studios kube studios studio collective studiowoworks all same people

scam modelling companies
well just an update I have been put forward for a walkers commercial now and have been shortlisted to the final 5. I have looked into the other company names and they don't seem to be linked ? where are you guys getting this information from?? If I get the walkers position I will paste a link to this feed.
Reply 9
It’s a scam!
A quick look at their website shows 'Visual Studios' is a group of photography studios rather than a single company. They're upfront about their prices, and there's no dodgy claims about guaranteed work. So if you're happy paying to get pictures taken then they look legit.
Original post by Duncan2012
A quick look at their website shows 'Visual Studios' is a group of photography studios rather than a single company. They're upfront about their prices, and there's no dodgy claims about guaranteed work. So if you're happy paying to get pictures taken then they look legit.

yes I was told on the phone the cost of portfolio I was fully aware that they was not an agency however they work with agencies so I dont need to do anything on this side .... if it was so much of a scam trading standards would of shut them down
Original post by JoannaJane22
yes I was told on the phone the cost of portfolio I was fully aware that they was not an agency however they work with agencies so I dont need to do anything on this side .... if it was so much of a scam trading standards would of shut them down

Look at my previous posting about your company visual studios and studio collective

They took my money
Reply 13
Hannah James

Please private message me as the same thing happened to me!

Visual Studios AKA The Studio Collective

Complete Scammers
Reply 14
They tried to scam me! I was introduced by a 'Lauren' but turns out her name was Nikita! Do not fall for it ! Very abrupt scammers and they wanted £3,000 for portfolio ! Alarm bells rang and I walked out!
Original post by neen28
they tried to scam me! I was introduced by a 'lauren' but turns out her name was nikita! Do not fall for it ! Very abrupt scammers and they wanted £3,000 for portfolio ! Alarm bells rang and i walked out!

visual studios are a scam do not fall fot thier lies

they are same company as kube studios that were on watchdog

studio collective
Its a big big scam
Funny its the same 2 people writing the same negative comments. I have been on the phone to them and they have proven to me they are not linked to the companies you are saying they are? Mc Max and Hannah James you need to write reviews about the company you have been to its obviously not the same as I never got offered a portfolio for £3000 !!
This thread is ridiculous. Everyone shouts "scam" without any proof at all. Anything and everything is assumed to be a scam

If the person that posted this thread has had a casting with a big brand already as a result then it's obviously a legit operation.

Message to all the Haters out there: Chill out! Your just jealous of JoannaJane22
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 19
Hi joanna can you update us how did it go? If you dont mind?

Latest