Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, been made offers to study the BPTC at University of Law, City law school and BPP London - conflicted as to which to go for. Does anyone have any advice?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by twasbrillig)
    Hi, been made offers to study the BPTC at University of Law, City law school and BPP London - conflicted as to which to go for. Does anyone have any advice?
    Have you one to the open day for both?
    Have you checked teaching method, facilities, location and course structure?
    Have you managed to speak to existing or previous students?
    Looked at exam success data?

They should be very similar so do the pros and cons then go with whichever one made the best impression and feel you would be more suited to. Thats how I would do it for GDL and LPC. Not aware of other one being superior for BPTC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Have you one to the open day for both?
    Have you checked teaching method, facilities, location and course structure?
    Have you managed to speak to existing or previous students?
    Looked at exam success data?

They should be very similar so do the pros and cons then go with whichever one made the best impression and feel you would be more suited to. Thats how I would do it for GDL and LPC. Not aware of other one being superior for BPTC.
    Hi, I don't live in London so going to open days is difficult. I did have to attend a selection event prior to being offered a place at UoL but other than that that's exactly why I'm here on studentroom right now - looking to speak to existing/previous students of either uni who might be able to offer some insight! Stats are one thing, and though I've taken those into account already, it would be immensely helpful to hear from people who have studied with these course providers as well.

ReputationRep:
    They're all cons.

ReputationRep:
    You'll get pros and cons for all, and to be honest, you're not going to get a representative picture. Most people will have studied at one provider, or you're going to get a mixture of people who sing the praises of their provider, or to the contrary, those who simply hate their provider.

You may be best checking the pass rates for each course (try the BSB/SRA website if its BPTC or LPC studies you're talking about) and checking what each provider has to offer (check their websites, and they should say what opportunities they have).

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know much about UWE’s BPTC?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.