Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I keep having disturbing nightmares. These nightmares are about demons and one of my other major fears. Ive had about five and two of them creeped me out so much I woke up. These nightmares are making me paranoid and Im starting to worry. What do you guys think? Should I maybe see a Psychiatrist or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Fierro)
    I keep having disturbing nightmares. These nightmares are about demons and one of my other major fears. Ive had about five and two of them creeped me out so much I woke up. These nightmares are making me paranoid and Im starting to worry. What do you guys think? Should I maybe see a Psychiatrist or something?
    Is something going on in your life to make you stressed or paranoid? If it is then most people would say fix the outside issue first if you can, in other words treat the stem of the stress. If not then you can go to the doctors to talk about possible CBT or other forms of meditation therapy that might alter your sleeping patterns
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lily048)
    Is something going on in your life to make you stressed or paranoid? If it is then most people would say fix the outside issue first if you can, in other words treat the stem of the stress. If not then you can go to the doctors to talk about possible CBT or other forms of meditation therapy that might alter your sleeping patterns
    When it comes stress theres not much I can do. It's mostly school stuff; getting good grades and worrying about end of the year testing. I am also a tiny bit of paraniod. The type of paraniod where i think there could be a supernatural being in my house and stuff of that sort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Fierro)
    When it comes stress theres not much I can do. It's mostly school stuff; getting good grades and worrying about end of the year testing. I am also a tiny bit of paraniod. The type of paraniod where i think there could be a supernatural being in my house and stuff of that sort.
    I’d say it’ll pass but to also talk to your local GP about possible Acute paranoia - they might be able to give you anti-psychotic medication (mild) to treat the paranoid thoughts, as they could get progressively worse with stress
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lily048)
    I’d say it’ll pass but to also talk to your local GP about possible Acute paranoia - they might be able to give you anti-psychotic medication (mild) to treat the paranoid thoughts, as they could get progressively worse with stress
    Okay thanks, this helps explain things. I was really getting to worry about my mental health, espeacially since these dreams are pretty vivid. Ive also had one that fed off one of my main fears too, i dont think my mind likes me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.