Turn on thread page Beta

Strep throat untreated for 5 days watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I got strep throat for 7 days and I finally went to the doctor and they gave me 3 pills to use every night
    The first 1 is not working I'm scared that it was untreated for so long and after I watched so much videos of it being untreated please reply I need help asap
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Christianas)
    So I got strep throat for 5 days and I finally went to the doctor and they gave me 3 pills to use every night
    The first 1 is not working I'm scared that it was untreated for so long and after I watched so much videos of it being untreated please reply I need help asap
    It may take a little while for the medication to start to work but keep taking it as prescribed.

But if you are getting worse then call your GP.

PS. I'm moving this thread to a more relevant forum
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Christianas)
    So I got strep throat for 5 days and I finally went to the doctor and they gave me 3 pills to use every night
    Hi there. It usually takes a while for medication to have an effect so don't worry. If you don't feel better by the end of the lot just call up your doctors surgery and tell them.
    The internet is a terrible place for medical things sometimes cos it pulls up all the horror stories. Just remember that the prime or was fine for didn't have any need to make a video about it so there's a whole group where you're not getting their story. Your doctor should know what they're doing do trust them and just let them know if things don't improve so they can go from there. If this is way they've suggested though I'd say there's a strong chance it's going to work cos otherwise they wouldn't bother trying it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I had strep throat a couple years back - I went to the doctor on like day 3 and started a course of antibiotics for 10 days. These helped a little but not much and when I got to the end of the prescription my strep throat came back just as bad as before so I had to try a different antibiotic. This one took another week or so to have any impact and even then it was still hurting a lot. It was really agonizing. It was in February a couple years back and I spent pretty much the whole month in bed with it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.