Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend broke up with me and I want him back, how do I do this?? Help please! watch

Hello guys, I am in a dilemma and I seriously need some help because I'm soo confused. My boyfriend and I are both 20 and were in a relationship for about 8 months. I know that it doesn't sound like a long time, but our bond grew extremely strong in that amount of time that it feels like we have been in a relationship for like 2+ years. 5 days ago, he broke up with me because he said that we both stress each other out and the relationship is just getting too much. I know that he didn't necessarily mean it when he said 'break up', I know he just meant giving each other a bit of space to get our lives on track. We are both in our first year of university, and we both have soo much assignments to do, rent to pay, we both have jobs, he needs to take care of his mum etc. And he just felt like the relationship just added more stress to what we are both already going through. So two days ago, I messaged him and told him that I completely understand why he had to ahead and end it and I wish him the best in life, he said the same to me, then the conversation died. I still wasn't satisfied though and I was really hurting so I asked if we would ever get back together in the future and he said that there is a good possibility. I don't want you guys to say that he's trying to move on and still keep me in the loop because I know he's not. We once spoke about what we would do if we ever broke up and he told me that he wouldn't get into a relationship with a girl for a very long time because he has never been in a serious relationship like this before and he would need a lot of time to get over me, and I also agreed because I lost my virginity to this guy and he did things with me that he hasn't done with other girls, so you guys can imagine the emotional attachment we have for each other. As this is my first serious relationship, I did feel very confident to tell my parents about this guy, which I've never done before, because I love him soo much and after I told them, he has come to my house many times and is quite close with my parents and my siblings. He has also introduced me to his mum, sister and niece as his girlfriend and the girl he wants to marry, which he hasn't ever done with any girl before. So he would often take me to his mums or sisters house just to chill. He has also introduced me the same way to his friends, which is also the first for him. Over about 5 months of dating, we discussed marriage, children, living together etc, as we are at the age to do so. Before we started going out, he told me and made it clear to me that he wants a girl who is serious and is looking to have a long term relationship with because he doesn't want to just date around anymore, I was looking for the same thing, as I feel like I am old enough and ready for something serious also. So anyways, as I was saying, I asked him if there was a possibility of us getting back together and he said there was, and the conversation ended there. Later that evening, he had messaged me to ask me if I was okay and he also called me once. I didn't pick up and I replied to the message the next morning, saying that I was alright. We spoke a little bit that day , then he called me that evening because I told him I wasn't feeling well and he just wanted to check up on me. NOWW, we are onto today. This morning he called me three times and I intentionally ignored the calls and I am soo confused as to why he is still talking to me when he broke up with me. But anyways, he just asked me how I was feeling and also told me that he would send me money tomorrow, as I am having some financial difficulties in university and I asked why he was sending me money, as I'm not his girlfriend anymore and he said "I know, but I still care about you", so i said fair enough. Before the conversation ended, he just told me to call him when I finish my evening lecture and I said cool, but I know I won't call him nor text him. I'm just soo confused, I love him soo much and I know he loves me too but I also know that we both need to work on ourselves before we get back into a relationship, but why is he speaking to me and taking care of me as if we are still in the relationship. I just really don't know what to do, but what I can say is that I really see myself marrying this guy, like he's right for me, despite everything happening at the moment. Any advice will be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    The only way you should ever act when there's a breakup, unless you're in the wrong, is to avoid and take some time to yourself.

Say you go chasing him, and say he has you back after that, you'll always be in a situation where YOU are the chaser and HE is the chase. No joy can come of that; it's an imbalance. The only way you should ever get with someone who left you is if they come back. They need to know that they made a mistake leaving you, and that you're worth the difficulties every relationship has.

So, don't message him (don't take money off him, if you can avoid it), and let him think about it. If he doesn't want you back, then you try and move on.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Can you sum it up using paragraphs? You've made it difficult to read being one massive chunk of text.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello guys, I am in a dilemma and I seriously need some help because I'm soo confused. My boyfriend and I are both 20 and were in a relationship for about 8 months. I know that it doesn't sound like a long time, but our bond grew extremely strong in that amount of time that it feels like we have been in a relationship for like 2+ years. 5 days ago, he broke up with me because he said that we both stress each other out and the relationship is just getting too much. I know that he didn't necessarily mean it when he said 'break up', I know he just meant giving each other a bit of space to get our lives on track. We are both in our first year of university, and we both have soo much assignments to do, rent to pay, we both have jobs, he needs to take care of his mum etc. And he just felt like the relationship just added more stress to what we are both already going through. So two days ago, I messaged him and told him that I completely understand why he had to ahead and end it and I wish him the best in life, he said the same to me, then the conversation died. I still wasn't satisfied though and I was really hurting so I asked if we would ever get back together in the future and he said that there is a good possibility. I don't want you guys to say that he's trying to move on and still keep me in the loop because I know he's not. We once spoke about what we would do if we ever broke up and he told me that he wouldn't get into a relationship with a girl for a very long time because he has never been in a serious relationship like this before and he would need a lot of time to get over me, and I also agreed because I lost my virginity to this guy and he did things with me that he hasn't done with other girls, so you guys can imagine the emotional attachment we have for each other. As this is my first serious relationship, I did feel very confident to tell my parents about this guy, which I've never done before, because I love him soo much and after I told them, he has come to my house many times and is quite close with my parents and my siblings. He has also introduced me to his mum, sister and niece as his girlfriend and the girl he wants to marry, which he hasn't ever done with any girl before. So he would often take me to his mums or sisters house just to chill. He has also introduced me the same way to his friends, which is also the first for him. Over about 5 months of dating, we discussed marriage, children, living together etc, as we are at the age to do so. Before we started going out, he told me and made it clear to me that he wants a girl who is serious and is looking to have a long term relationship with because he doesn't want to just date around anymore, I was looking for the same thing, as I feel like I am old enough and ready for something serious also. So anyways, as I was saying, I asked him if there was a possibility of us getting back together and he said there was, and the conversation ended there. Later that evening, he had messaged me to ask me if I was okay and he also called me once. I didn't pick up and I replied to the message the next morning, saying that I was alright. We spoke a little bit that day , then he called me that evening because I told him I wasn't feeling well and he just wanted to check up on me. NOWW, we are onto today. This morning he called me three times and I intentionally ignored the calls and I am soo confused as to why he is still talking to me when he broke up with me. But anyways, he just asked me how I was feeling and also told me that he would send me money tomorrow, as I am having some financial difficulties in university and I asked why he was sending me money, as I'm not his girlfriend anymore and he said "I know, but I still care about you", so i said fair enough. Before the conversation ended, he just told me to call him when I finish my evening lecture and I said cool, but I know I won't call him nor text him. I'm just soo confused, I love him soo much and I know he loves me too but I also know that we both need to work on ourselves before we get back into a relationship, but why is he speaking to me and taking care of me as if we are still in the relationship. I just really don't know what to do, but what I can say is that I really see myself marrying this guy, like he's right for me, despite everything happening at the moment. Any advice will be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Can you sum it up using paragraphs? You've made it difficult to read being one massive chunk of text.
    ^^^

ReputationRep:
    He's not in love with you. Find someone else who reciprocates. However, we both know that you won't: you'll wait for him to come back to you. Seen it a thousand times. Doesn't usually have a happy ending, as one partner is motivated by guilt and the other is weak and dependent.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.