I'm so stuck between adult nursing and midwifery, how can i decide? Watch

a.evans38
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I'm in year 12 so will be applying for university very soon however, i can't decide whether i want to study adult nursing or midwifery? what is the best way to decide?
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by a.evans38)
I'm in year 12 so will be applying for university very soon however, i can't decide whether i want to study adult nursing or midwifery? what is the best way to decide?
By getting some work experience and working out which one interests you more and what the day to day job is like.
a.evans38
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
By getting some work experience and working out which one interests you more and what the day to day job is like.
I have to be 18 to do work experience in this field and am only 16 at the moment. I am interested in doing work experience in a care home however, i don't have any midwifery work experience that will accept me whilst i am under 18
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by a.evans38)
I have to be 18 to do work experience in this field and am only 16 at the moment. I am interested in doing work experience in a care home however, i don't have any midwifery work experience that will accept me whilst i am under 18
Some places might take you on for some shadowing or even find out if you can talk to people in the field and find out more about what they do. Read around the subject as well. Yes care home experience is good experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (38)
27.14%
No - I got the required grades (84)
60%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.86%

Watched Threads