Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I will be suspending my studies at the University of Bath on 8 April due to mental health issues, evidence of which will be supplied to the university who will in turn pass this on to SFE. I'm hoping to recieve 60 days extra maintenence loan funding from my date of suspension as mental health issues falls under Compelling Personal Reasons. I am due to recieve my third maintenence loan installment on 9 April, but I'm unsure on how much I will recieve as I don't know the official dates that the third maintenence loan installment is meant to cover (i.e. if it's meant to cover 120 days then I expect to recieve 60/120 = 50% of my third installment). Could somebody help me out? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Rona SFE Hey, could you help me with this?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by JoshC98)
    I will be suspending my studies at the University of Bath on 8 April due to mental health issues, evidence of which will be supplied to the university who will in turn pass this on to SFE. I'm hoping to recieve 60 days extra maintenence loan funding from my date of suspension as mental health issues falls under Compelling Personal Reasons. I am due to recieve my third maintenence loan installment on 9 April, but I'm unsure on how much I will recieve as I don't know the official dates that the third maintenence loan installment is meant to cover (i.e. if it's meant to cover 120 days then I expect to recieve 60/120 = 50% of my third installment). Could somebody help me out? Thanks.
    Hi JoshC98,

Your university will advise the date that you have suspended your studies electronically and your payments will stop.

Initially you would have been assessed for the full academic year including the summer holidays. That amount would have been scheduled into three almost equal instalments.

When we receive the suspension notification from the university you will be reassessed on a pro rata basis up until that date.

If they have advised on the suspension, that you have suspended for health reasons, you will automatically be assessed for an additional 60 days funding.

Once reassessed you will receive a new Notification of Entitlement Letter, the assessors will look at the amount that you have already received and how much that you are now entitled to receive for the length of time that you have attended, any additional support will then be submitted.

If you have already received your final instalment then you will be advised of any overpayment.

Regards Rona

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.